Planning to make Pokemon Strangled Red rom hack....

Hi there I couldn't find a gameboy forum so im popping my post into GBA as its closest thing to it, so I'm planning on making a ROM hack probably very difficult due to it being gen 1 and not having a single clue about coding other than having the story of strangled red creepy pasta. The story of the fake game has always made me wonder what a game without the original characters would be like before red, before team rocket what would the main goal be in the story apart from the obvious ones we know given to us in the story. So yeah I'm basically calling for help if anyone knows decent tools i could use for making a gameboy hack with that might still be around from early 2000s? Many thanks.

Such requests usually fall through when the ‘head of the project’ have zero ROM hacking experience.

Maybe try something basic, like using the tool “Advance Map” to edit maps and have NPCs in different places, changing the encounters, learning how to make working warps etc. After that, you can move forward with scripting, which changes what the NPCs say and do, custom encounters.

And then past that, there are other tools in the “Advanced series” that can help you change how the sprites look. Should be easy to google.

• 1 year later...
On 4/21/2022 at 2:38 PM, StrangledRed896 said:

Hi there I couldn't find a gameboy forum so im popping my post into GBA as its closest thing to it, so I'm planning on making a ROM hack probably very difficult due to it being gen 1 and not having a single clue about coding other than having the story of strangled red creepy pasta. The story of the fake game has always made me wonder what a game without the original characters would be like before red, before team rocket what would the main goal be in the story apart from the obvious ones we know given to us in the story. So yeah I'm basically calling for help if anyone knows decent tools i could use for making a gameboy hack with that might still be around from early 2000s? Many thanks.

not really any help or advice but if you're still doing this i was wondering if you have any social media accounts i could go support you and its development on? :]
if not that's fine! i was just curious!