Gen 1 on OpenEmu with PKHeX

I'm having an issue where PKHeX will not let me open a save file I have for my Pokemon Red game so I can look at the stats of my Pokemon. I use my Mac to play Pokemon games so I currently use OpenEmu as my emulator of choice. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the games and the generation they come from or OpenEmu itself but I keep getting the following error message: "Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size. This could be caused by loading a different generation Pokemon file on an unsupported generation or your file is corrupt." I just wanted to see if anyone has had this issue and solved it before I toss myself down the rabbit hole to figure this thing out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I have tried both save files and also battery files (which I thought should work) however none of them seem to work. I get an error message that says "Binary is not compatible with save file. Current SAV generation: 8"

It is an emerald rom. It is a rom hack however as far as I know that should not be a problem either. Does anyone know why I get this problem?

It is this file:

Pokemon - Emerald Version.sav

Edited by Homga