Emerald Sav Event Editing Issue: How to Re-receive Castform

Nomekoplayer

Im playing pokemon emerald and trying to use RNG method to get a shinny Castform. However, there's no time for me to save the game between the battle after Shelly and the scientist gift me a Castform.

Then I saved the game and wished to simply uncheck the "Received Castform" box in event flag section, while it does not work. This event will not act again. I even checked or unchecked carefully about other boxes such as "Dont spawn team aqua in weather institute" "aqua shelly defeated" "dont spwan team aqua grun male/female in weather institute F1/F2"

But all dont help. Its like not only im unable to re experience the castform receiving event, but also those who should spawned even not appears, everything stays same as I beated team aqua.

I need help

23 minutes ago, Nomekoplayer said:

Im playing pokemon emerald and trying to use RNG method to get a shinny Castform. However, there's no time for me to save the game between the battle after Shelly and the scientist gift me a Castform.

Then I saved the game and wished to simply uncheck the "Received Castform" box in event flag section, while it does not work. This event will not act again. I even checked or unchecked carefully about other boxes such as "Dont spawn team aqua in weather institute" "aqua shelly defeated" "dont spwan team aqua grun male/female in weather institute F1/F2"

But all dont help. Its like not only im unable to re experience the castform receiving event, but also those who should spawned even not appears, everything stays same as I beated team aqua.

I need help

Even though the room doesn’t return to state that it was in during the invasion, but have you tried speaking with the scientist that normally gives you Castform? I’m certain he’ll give it to you if you uncheck the receive flag and then talk to him. Because you can skip getting Castform if all of your boxes are full and your party is full leaving know where for Castform to be stored. Then if I remember correctly you can go back to the scientist to pick it up.

On 4/14/2022 at 3:15 PM, Poke J said:

Even though the room doesn’t return to state that it was in during the invasion, but have you tried speaking with the scientist that normally gives you Castform? I’m certain he’ll give it to you if you uncheck the receive flag and then talk to him. Because you can skip getting Castform if all of your boxes are full and your party is full leaving know where for Castform to be stored. Then if I remember correctly you can go back to the scientist to pick it up.

thats the excat first thing i tried. The scientist won't give me.

and I did a deep check, heres what i found:

After I unchecked the received castform box, and I saved the event flag, then export the whole save file, the received castform boxed will turn to checked status again.

On 4/14/2022 at 3:15 PM, Poke J said:

14 hours ago, Nomekoplayer said:

thats the excat first thing i tried. The scientist won't give me.

and I did a deep check, heres what i found:

After I unchecked the received castform box, and I saved the event flag, then export the whole save file, the received castform boxed will turn to checked status again.

OK I figured it out. I used a 2018 version of PKHEX to unchecked the event flag, and saved it, and then used the most updated verstion to unchecked and save it again, it works.

By the way the old version of at least event flag part is much better than the newest one. The older only shows events like "Received A/B/C/D/..." OR "A/B/C/... captured", instead of the new one have so many disturbing boxes(i.e. the don't spwan check) 

left old, right new

image.png.9db11e2b37e935d56ee9ae716c39484f.pngimage.png.20cb0fb77324e59ec034ccc340ecf983.png

Edited by Nomekoplayer