pKHex on Mac Monterey on M1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/16/2022 at 3:30 PM, Orion said:

@clecavs2how did you get pokegen to work cause i have monterey tried winebottler and wine skin and it didn’t work :(

I run PokeGen through Wine Crossover and it works fine. PKHex still doesn't work through any program unless if you have Parallels, but can't just run it on the Mac itself.

Edited by clecavs2

• 3 months later...

I used wineskin to create an m1 port of pkhex. This one is a little bit outdated, so make sure to right click this application, click "Show Package Contents", drive_c, Program Files, and open the PKHeX folder. Replace the PKHeX.exe you find in there with the latest version of PKHeX. Enjoy :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rbrx-LJG-Yx4kLWeNQn9Z7bboDDrdp2x/view?usp=sharing

Sometimes Mac OS will flag the app as unsafe or damaged. To get around this, open terminal and type "xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine (drag pkhex.app here)" then hit enter. 

Edited by dtingley11222
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2022 at 10:25 AM, dtingley11222 said:

I used wineskin to create an m1 port of pkhex. This one is a little bit outdated, so make sure to right click this application, click "Show Package Contents", drive_c, Program Files, and open the PKHeX folder. Replace the PKHeX.exe you find in there with the latest version of PKHeX. Enjoy :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S2eQcSy-TMZIgCq5od8wjx1YofBwytMA/view?usp=sharing

It gave me the following message:
"PKHeX is damaged and can't ba opened. You should move it to the Trash."
With the option to either move it to the trash or cancel.
You have any idea? I am using a M1 MacBook Air

12 minutes ago, Goldmund said:

Actually when you open Terminal, drag the PKHeX.app to the terminal, move the cursor in front of the path. Then type "xattr -cr " it works

On 1/30/2023 at 12:00 PM, Goldmund said:

If you run xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine it should work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 10:25 AM, dtingley11222 said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rbrx-LJG-Yx4kLWeNQn9Z7bboDDrdp2x/view?usp=sharing

Sometimes Mac OS will flag the app as unsafe or damaged. To get around this, open terminal and type "xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine (drag pkhex.app here)" then hit enter. 

Anybody had any success getting this to run? I'm a little hesitant to install apps downloaded from a random Drive folder (no offense to OP, you did a great job! I'm just paranoid of malwares).

On 2/13/2023 at 1:24 AM, kit0 said:

Anybody had any success getting this to run? I'm a little hesitant to install apps downloaded from a random Drive folder (no offense to OP, you did a great job! I'm just paranoid of malwares).

I can assure you there's nothing fishy going on here :) I'd rather not get banned on project pokemon. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 6:38 PM, dtingley11222 said:

I can assure you there's nothing fishy going on here :) I'd rather not get banned on project pokemon. 

I used your google drive download... it told me the the app was damaged ... simply used the contents file and drive_c copied it to an old version of the app now I worked around the dotnet7 fail I had since the newer pkhex versions... Thanks! but one question ... I wanted to update the app to a newer version by inserting the pkhex.exe in the drive_c -> program files -> pkhex ... this results in : A fatal non UI error occurred. How do I fix this?

•  

14 hours ago, PhoenixDragon said:

I used your google drive download... it told me the the app was damaged ... simply used the contents file and drive_c copied it to an old version of the app now I worked around the dotnet7 fail I had since the newer pkhex versions... Thanks! but one question ... I wanted to update the app to a newer version by inserting the pkhex.exe in the drive_c -> program files -> pkhex ... this results in : A fatal non UI error occurred. How do I fix this?

•  
  •  

Mac OS thinks it's damaged. It's just the way wine is interpreted by Mac OS. Once you use the command in terminal to remove the quarantine flag, it should work. Unfortunately, the latest version of Pkhex does not support wine because of the upgraded frameworks. I'm going to have to wait for it to be updated.

Edited by dtingley11222

1 hour ago, jonathancale said:

I also got it to work, turns out I needed to put the parenthesis when I drag the app in terminal. I do however was just wondering if there is anyway to edit a gen7 (Ultra Sun in my case) save file without the app crashing?

I'm still trying to work on why this happens. I'm fairly certain because of the way that gen 7 works in particular is that the amount of memory it uses to export the save. For the time being, You can try and set up a virtual machine on your computer.

I've followed the steps provided by @dtingley11222, and keep getting this line as a result:

zsh: no such file or directory: xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine (/Users/(my Mac's name)/Downloads/PKHeX.app)

Do I need to move PKHeX.app out of my downloads list or is there something else I'm doing incorrectly?

Is PKHeX.app suppose to be by itself within the parantheses? I'm also trying to run it on my M1 MacBook Air similar to @Goldmund

On 3/9/2023 at 1:04 PM, Super-Fewer37 said:

I've followed the steps provided by @dtingley11222, and keep getting this line as a result:

zsh: no such file or directory: xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine (/Users/(my Mac's name)/Downloads/PKHeX.app)

Do I need to move PKHeX.app out of my downloads list or is there something else I'm doing incorrectly?

Is PKHeX.app suppose to be by itself within the parantheses? I'm also trying to run it on my M1 MacBook Air similar to @Goldmund

I put it in my applications folder

12 hours ago, dtingley11222 said:

I put it in my applications folder

I typed out the command again after moving it into my applications folder:

"xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine (/Applications/PKHeX.app)"

And still got this:

zsh: no such file or directory: xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine (/Applications/PKHeX.app)

Are there any other things I could try to resolve this issue?

On 3/13/2023 at 9:04 AM, Super-Fewer37 said:

I typed out the command again after moving it into my applications folder:

"xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine (/Applications/PKHeX.app)"

And still got this:

zsh: no such file or directory: xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine (/Applications/PKHeX.app)

Are there any other things I could try to resolve this issue?

Ah, remove the parentheses.  

2 hours ago, dtingley11222 said:

Ah, remove the parentheses.  

I typed out the command:

"xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine /Applications/PKHeX.app"

And got this again:

zsh: no such file or directory: xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine /Applications/PKHeX.app

I have also tried the command without a space between "quarantine" and "/Applications" and got the same results. Any other advice?