What does this red box mean in PkHex?

chu95ck

Hi!

I recently was playing with a Pokemon Black .SAV file to try to make the game think I visited the DreamWorld. I was able to do this by editing the file with a Hex editor, however, now the Misc box under the "Other" tab on PkHex appears in red: 

image.png.9462e005c327c1d06db0384da74c926f.png

Any idea why and how can I get rid of it? 

Or what exactly is supposed to go in that box on a normal/non-edited file?

Thanks in advance! 

Ah, I see.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

And just out of curiosity: what exactly would appear on that box under normal circumstances? I happen to have another .SAV file that I downloaded from the internet and it has a Pokemon in it, but can't figure out what does it mean? 

image.png.1ca7d789412a855f0763e7171ac293dd.png

15 hours ago, chu95ck said:

Ah, I see.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

And just out of curiosity: what exactly would appear on that box under normal circumstances? I happen to have another .SAV file that I downloaded from the internet and it has a Pokemon in it, but can't figure out what does it mean? 

image.png.1ca7d789412a855f0763e7171ac293dd.png

Case by case. For the BDSP example you shown, I think it normally can appear there, but for the BW example I think it’s the prevalence of bad hacks 

edit: my bad, why did I think the first example was BDSP lol. anyhow issue addressed below.

Both examples shown were for Pokemon BW... In the end, I was able to fix the "bad hack" and the red square doesn't appear anymore... but that Pokemon appearing on the Misc box for the other file remains a mystery lol... could it be a Pokémon that was sent to sleep to the DreamWorld but was never woken up? lol

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, that box is indeed Pokémon that were trapped when the Dream World shutdown.

I had spoken with Kurt a while back about adding Misc read-only slots for HGSS Pokewalker and also Dream World Pokémon for the purposes of allowing users to recover them.

HGSS Pokewalker does have an ingame recovery method (On the Pokéwalker menu, hold Down + X + L to manually retrieve your Pokémon), but that only works if you still have the game, if your savefile is orphaned from the cart then you'd be out of luck.
There's no ingame recovery method for Pokémon left sleeping in the Dream World post-server shutdown, so in this case PKHeX is now the ONLY recovery method available for lost Dream World mons.

Edited by Atrius97
  • Like 2