Guidance on Next Steps with Corrupted SS Save

My SoulSilver I was grinding on got the blue screen of death out of nowhere. Was playing religiously for months, then put my 3DS into rest mode and didn't touch it for weeks. It died. I continued to walk with the Pokwalker until I maxed out the steps, and then was greeted with the blue corruption screen when I opened the game back up. My only guess is I didn't actually wait for the save dialog to finish before closing my 3DS (really unlike me, but whatever). Game is legit (bought new single owner) and no sign of damage (didn't drop the 3DS either).

So, I have the save here (dumped with GodMode), DeSmuME says it's corrupted too. So it's something with the save itself, not the cart.

Opening in PokeHex (I have no preference, this is just what I l have used before) and literally everything is still there. 

So how do I go about restoring this content onto the cart (and have it still be compatible with my poke walker)? Do I just generate a new save and copy over all trainer info, progress flags, and pokemon/items?

Thank you!

POKEMON_SS_IPGE01_00.sav

12 hours ago, BlackShark said:

Open your save in PKHeX, just save it without doing any changes and the save will load again.

Well, that did it. Just how I left it (I think; it's been 4 month). Tears in my eyes man, thanks!

So you confirmed my theory...that the save itself was fine but the pointer to the save file was out of place in memory. Can you describe what happened?

16 minutes ago, 3rd Gen Expert said:

Well, that did it. Just how I left it (I think; it's been 4 month). Tears in my eyes man, thanks!

So you confirmed my theory...that the save itself was fine but the pointer to the save file was out of place in memory. Can you describe what happened?

For SS, each save basically has 2 save blocks. So if one save block is corrupt, the game can at least load the backup save block. In this case you needed to save in-game to have both blocks be valid.