File too large for Black 2

inky0flower

Hi, I have the latest version of PkHex (i guess).
I tried to load my savefile for Black 2 on DesMuMe emulator, but PkHex tells me that the file is too large. I've read a few topics with the same problem, tried to do everything i could find, but still it doesn't work
other savefiles for Black, Platinum etc are working perfectly fine, they are 512KB, but my Black 2 savefile is 8193KB
I was trying to load a .dsv file, I'm using the in-game menu savefile, tried to do (File>Export Backup Memory).
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand what exactly
thank you in advance for any help

Скриншот 27-02-2022 190238.png

Скриншот 27-02-2022 190251.png

15 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Make sure you save in-game (pressing start/x then save), instead of using state saves.

Hi, thank you for answering!
Sorry, but i've already mentioned that I'm using the in-game saving. Right now I checked it again, saved twice, but still, no progress. :(

4 minutes ago, inky0flower said:

Hi, thank you for answering!
Sorry, but i've already mentioned that I'm using the in-game saving. Right now I checked it again, saved twice, but still, no progress. :(

You gotta believe me, sometimes when people insist they're using in-game saving, they're actually using state saves using the emulator's menu.
Hence why I had to clarify you gotta press the button to open up the menu.

Hmm, in any case, upload the save for us to see.
Also make sure you've played the game far enough (got starter, can open PC and view the boxes).

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

You gotta believe me, sometimes when people insist they're using in-game saving, they're actually using state saves using the emulator's menu.
Hence why I had to clarify you gotta press the button to open up the menu.

Hmm, in any case, upload the save for us to see.
Also make sure you've played the game far enough (got starter, can open PC and view the boxes).

Yeah, I have already passed Elite Four, so I think, I've played far enough
Here is my savefile. Hope this helps

4 - Pokemon Black 2.dsv

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Ettelius said:

I have this same problem with Pokemon Black with a 1mb sav file. However the most recent version of Desmume still give me a file that is too big to be read or rather it doesn't change at all (I definitely save it properly).

Gen5 save files are not 1MB, they are 512KB. Don't misconfigure DeSmuME to have incorrect savedata sizes.

PKHeX is working as intended.

3 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Gen5 save files are not 1MB, they are 512KB. Don't misconfigure DeSmuME to have incorrect savedata sizes.

PKHeX is working as intended.

Sorry but please don't misunderstand I haven't configured anything at all. This is an old save file that alredy had that size and I don't know why nor how to fix it. The game still play like normal in the emulator.

The emulator wrote the file like that so of course it can read it, 1MB isn't a valid size though.

It's probably the 512KB save + another 512KB of garbage or a mirror of the save. This can probably be fixed by halving the file using a hex editor.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ettelius said:

I have this same problem with Pokemon Black with a 1mb sav file. However the most recent version of Desmume still give me a file that is too big to be read or rather it doesn't change at all (I definitely save it properly).

screenshot.png

Pokemonblack.dsv 1 MB · 3 downloads

I've removed the garbage data of your save so here it is.

Pokemonblack-trimmed.dsv

• Like 1
  • Relieved 1

20 minutes ago, Ettelius said:

Thank you very much! Finally I will meet this little critters again!!!

How did you did that? Or better yet it's there a tutorial somewhere? 

I've just removed the extra data of you savefile using an hex editor to match the size of a normal savefile.

• Like 1