PKHeX 22.02.04

ReignOfComputer

The editor works flawlessly, great job. I was wondering if you're planning on adding a flag editor, in order to trigger certain events. It would be useful to trigger requests 92 and 93 that are otherwise impossible to unlock while playing on an emulator.

Is anyone else getting issues where pokemon stats are decreased when just loading the save file in PKHeX? See the attached photo to see what I mean. I have made no edits to the Furret but as you can see, the stats are significantly worse when I open the .sav. Anybody know what the issue is, and what I can do to fix? Thanks for the help.

furret stats.png

44 minutes ago, Vpc17 said:

Is anyone else getting issues where pokemon stats are decreased when just loading the save file in PKHeX? See the attached photo to see what I mean. I have made no edits to the Furret but as you can see, the stats are significantly worse when I open the .sav. Anybody know what the issue is, and what I can do to fix? Thanks for the help.

furret stats.png

PKHeX does not know if you're playing a ROM hack that altered base stats. Volt White is a ROM hack.

Just edit them and place them into your box, and let the game calculate the corresponding stats for you.

33 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

PKHeX does not know if you're playing a ROM hack that altered base stats. Volt White is a ROM hack.

Just edit them and place them into your box, and let the game calculate the corresponding stats for you.

Ah I see. So you're saying just make the edits I wanted to make, and put them in my box and the ROM should automatically change stats to what they should be?

2 hours ago, Raikhu said:

Could you implement some function to defeat all Pokémon trainers in a game? That would be very good for those of us who avoid those minor confrontations and focus on the story

Someone would have to document it. Also the flags that were set may adversely affect the story. All in all, sounds like a tedious and bad idea. Just letting you know, I do not see this happening.

2 hours ago, roger20140202 said:

Why can't I create shiny Moltres in the Max Lair QAQ?

He said  "Static Encounter shiny mismatch"

But isn't it possible to appear shiny in in the Max Lair?

You made a bad hack. PKHeX is working as intended. 
hint: max lair shinies can only be xor=1

On 2/4/2022 at 9:27 PM, ReignOfComputer said:

PKHeX is a save editor for core-series Pokémon games. With it, users can manipulate various save files including: .sav, .dsv, .dat, .gci, .raw, and .bin types. PKHeX can also read and write: .pk files, which are individual Pokémon files, and .pgt, .pcd, .pgf, .wc, which are Mystery Gift files.

Version 22.02.04 of PKHeX has been released, introducing support for Pokemon Legends Arceus.

As an additional note, please be mindful of fake versions of PKHeX around the Internet. The definitive downloads will be from ProjectPokemon.org (be careful of fake URLs), or self-compiled from GitHub.

Change log:

Download      |     FAQ     |     Support Forum

View full article

So I recieved this message as I tried to save my changes on pokehex 

Exception Details:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Roadhouse\Downloads\Pokemon - Yellow Version (UE) [C][!] (1).sav'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Roadhouse\Downloads\Pokemon - Yellow Version (UE) [C][!] (1).sav'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Controls.SAVEditor.ExportBackup()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

PKHeX, Version=22.2.14.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Roadhouse\Documents\PKHeX (220214)\PKHeX.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

System.Memory, Version=4.0.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51

System.Memory, Version=4.0.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51

System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Runtime.dll

System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=4.0.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

System.Reflection, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Reflection\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Reflection.dll

System.Runtime.InteropServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime.InteropServices\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Runtime.InteropServices.dll

System.Runtime.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime.Extensions\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Runtime.Extensions.dll

Newtonsoft.Json, Version=13.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed

System.Numerics, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Numerics\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Numerics.dll

System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime.Serialization\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Runtime.Serialization.dll

System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_64\System.Data\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.dll

PKHeX.Drawing.PokeSprite, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

PKHeX.Drawing, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

System.ValueTuple, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.ValueTuple\v4.0_4.0.0.0__cc7b13ffcd2ddd51\System.ValueTuple.dll

PKHeX.Drawing.Misc, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running PKHeX, but please report this error.

6 minutes ago, pharohzeke said:

So I recieved this message as I tried to save my changes on pokehex 

Exception Details:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Roadhouse\Downloads\Pokemon - Yellow Version (UE) [C][!] (1).sav'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Roadhouse\Downloads\Pokemon - Yellow Version (UE) [C][!] (1).sav'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Controls.SAVEditor.ExportBackup()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

1. Exporting a backup is not the same as exporting your modified save data. Export your save via the "File" menu at the top left.

2. You moved the file from where you originally loaded it from, so it was not able to copy the data from the path it loaded from.

3. Not using the latest release

37 minutes ago, roger20140202 said:

Shiny Moltres is available at Dynamax Adventures, so PKHEX can't create shiny Moltres ? Sorry I'm new and don't know much

No, you suck at faking data. Re-read what theSLAYER told you that a Shiny Dynamax Adventures Moltres must have.

Legality is complicated, and you can't just make things shiny arbitrarily and expect them to be legal. There are restrictions to what kind of shiny it may be.

Search around for dynamax adventure shinies; your question is not new.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

No, you suck at faking data. Re-read what theSLAYER told you that a Shiny Dynamax Adventures Moltres must have.

Legality is complicated, and you can't just make things shiny arbitrarily and expect them to be legal. There are restrictions to what kind of shiny it may be.

Search around for dynamax adventure shinies; your question is not new.

I mean i'm a newbie QAQ . Thanks for your answer, I understand now.

17 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Max Lair can spawn shinies, yes. However they spawn very specific shinies. And the one you made doesn’t meet that criteria, so PKHeX is flagging it as fake. Is that clear enough ?

Yes, very clear, really appreciate you guys assisting and answering me.

So I placed some new pokemon on my Pokemon Yellow rom through PKHex and saved the file in the same folder as my previous sav, but everytime I start up the game it only pulls up previous saved game, I tried deleting the previous sav, but when I started it up again it said "new game", how do I boot up the sav file that I edited through PKHex

33 minutes ago, pharohzeke said:

So I placed some new pokemon on my Pokemon Yellow rom through PKHex and saved the file in the same folder as my previous sav, but everytime I start up the game it only pulls up previous saved game, I tried deleting the previous sav, but when I started it up again it said "new game", how do I boot up the sav file that I edited through PKHex

I sincerely hope you aren’t using state saves and loading the save/game up properly.

No, Im saving the game within the game itself, but its only loading from the previous sav, instead of the one given from PkHex

20 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I sincerely hope you aren’t using state saves and loading the save/game up properly.

I'd definitely appreciate some help because its been frustrating at this point

10 hours ago, pharohzeke said:

No, Im saving the game within the game itself, but its only loading from the previous sav, instead of the one given from PkHex

I'd definitely appreciate some help because its been frustrating at this point

If the emulator doesn't read the save from another location, and you're not load saved states, then it should not have another location to 'magically the read the old save from'.

Make sure that you're setting the changes into the save, then exporting the edited save out of PKHeX.
One way to check, is to close PKHeX completely after such an edit, then reopen it, and load the edited save, and check if the edits are still there.

Additionally, some emulators have an option that you can "import battery save" or "import save" outside of loading from the battery folder. Maybe use that option to load the edited save instead.

4 minutes ago, rattoancestrale said:

sorry can i ask you a question again for the pkhex i get this error "input file is too large" how can i fix it

For what game?....

I'll assume Legends: Arceus. If so, PKHeX needs to be updated since the new Arceus update changed the SAV file size.