PKHeX 22.02.04

ReignOfComputer

PKHeX is a save editor for core-series Pokémon games. With it, users can manipulate various save files including: .sav, .dsv, .dat, .gci, .raw, and .bin types. PKHeX can also read and write: .pk files, which are individual Pokémon files, and .pgt, .pcd, .pgf, .wc, which are Mystery Gift files.

Version 22.02.04 of PKHeX has been released, introducing support for Pokemon Legends Arceus.

As an additional note, please be mindful of fake versions of PKHeX around the Internet. The definitive downloads will be from ProjectPokemon.org (be careful of fake URLs), or self-compiled from GitHub.

Change log:

22/02/04 - New Update:
 - Introducing Pokémon Legends: Arceus support! Thanks @SciresM, @sora10pls, @Lusamine, @architdate, @ReignOfComputer for troubleshooting!
 - - Initial Legality Checking is provided. Please refer to the forums when reporting legality issues for PLA parsing.
 - - Save Data is similar to SW/SH; a pokedex, trainer, inventory, and block data editor are provided.
 - - Encounter legality has been reverse engineered & modeled to pre-compute possible met locations for overworld interactables.
 - Added:
 - - Gen8 BDSP wild encounters are now generated with RNG patterns matching the game. Thanks @Lusamine !
 - - Gen8 BDSP xorshift RNG implemented, now available for PKHeX.Core referencing.
 - - Gen8 BDSP zone unlock cheat to fly to all locations. Thanks @sora10pls !
 - - Gen8 BDSP named constant for BDSP swarms for the event editor. Thanks @MewTracker !
 - Changed:
 - - Internal asset loading speed has been improved (more friendly to the runtime's garbage collector).
 - - Internal value read/writes now work correctly for Big Endian runtimes.
 - - Internal value read/writes are now allocation-free; memory allocation for strings has been reduced drastically too.
 - - Clicking stat labels now changes nature amplification. Refer to the shortcut list for more info.
 - Fixed:
 - - Gen8 BDSP in-game trades are now checked for EC/PID legality.
 - - Gen4 DPPt Swarm & Safari seeds now read/write correctly. Thanks @edo9300 !
 - - Gen4 feeding a single low-quality poffin no longer indicates invalid sheen. Thanks Jollygator !
 - - Gen3 Item quantity reads now behave correctly. Thanks @MichiS97 (dev build bug)!
 - - Gen3 Shadow Monitor now reads all species correctly. Thanks @Mutty99 !
 - - Gen2 Odd Eggs and E-Speed Dratini now recognize correctly prior to transfer. Thanks @N-Harmonik !
 - - Gen1/2 Evolution chains now return a more accurate min/max level for each stage. Thanks @Ninjistix !
 - - Handled more oddball encounters. Thanks @Skadiv & @Ninjistix !

Download      |     FAQ     |     Support Forum

View full article

Hello i am new here using it on PLA seems like i am having an issues releated to adding  any Pokemon which ends up becoming an egg what am i doing wrong or is PLA not supported yet?

Edit nevermind works fine now  lol 

Edited by Doomlooya
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Doomlooya said:

Hello i am new here using it on PLA seems like i am having an issues releated to adding  any Pokemon which ends up becoming an egg what am i doing wrong or is PLA not supported yet?

I'm having the same issue here.. Let's just wait for someone to guide us hopefully! I'm trying to get Charmander, I wonder if is because it´s not in the PLA Pokedex? in SW/SH you were able to use tPokemons even when they were not included in the game.. 

Think I might have messed something up. Was screwing around with the Pokédex filling some research tasks — added some for some legends I hadn’t caught yet. Long story short I’m at the point where I need to capture one said legend, but its not spawning.. And idk how to edit my save to just.. skip over the mission since it’s giving me issues.

On 2/7/2022 at 12:52 AM, Doomlooya said:

how did you fix this? all pokemon i add are eggs also

Edited by jonmagnus

21 hours ago, jonmagnus said:

how did you fix this? all pokemon i add are eggs also

How about don’t add impossible species, or stuff with illegal moves. In general, no illegals.

In this case, it doesn’t matter whether in console or on emulator. A save is a save, and PKHeX reads it as such, and writes as such. The limitations to what you can add applies to both. This already sounds like a “you” problem.

My suggestion is to not make stuff from scratch, and use the programmed encounter database.

Anyhow, it’s only an issue when unedited mons or absolutely perfect legal mons for that game turn into Eggs..

3 hours ago, jonmagnus said:

im playing PLA on Yuzu. still have no fix for this problem?

then you need to make sure the moves are learn from the level of the Pokemon you want  from the PKhex don;t use any moves that it doesn;t learn from the pla game otherwise it will just become an egg lol 

1 hour ago, DragonNova45 said:

Que Raro Tengo A Glaceon Con Movimientos Que No Aprende y El Si Se Ve Pero Los Demas No

Glaceon is in the game files so it would make since that it works. If the other moves are also in the game I see no reason why Glaceon would not appear correctly.

Still kind of new to PKHEX but was able to use it in prior in other games. PLA seems to be a bit different. 

if I flag alpha, it was suggested above to use the encounter database to make something legit and to get rid of the error. Isn’t the encounter from the Pokémon I caught inside PLA correct as species can randomly spawn as alpha anyway? 

also, the size of the Pokémon gets flag as incorrect size as well if I flag it as alpha. How can I fix this?

thanks in advance. 

17 hours ago, iNfEk said:

Still kind of new to PKHEX but was able to use it in prior in other games. PLA seems to be a bit different. 

if I flag alpha, it was suggested above to use the encounter database to make something legit and to get rid of the error. Isn’t the encounter from the Pokémon I caught inside PLA correct as species can randomly spawn as alpha anyway? 

also, the size of the Pokémon gets flag as incorrect size as well if I flag it as alpha. How can I fix this?

thanks in advance. 

Don’t flag stuff as Alpha. There are legality checks in play. Maybe import an existing fixed file, check encounter database, or catch your own.