Can i get banned or getting online play disabled for using pkhex

Baristo

so can i get banned in pokemon swsh, if i use pkhex to edit my sav file, or will i lock online play, just like with roms, like online play is not there in them so like that will my online play get disabled

i ofc am not gonna hack iv's and ev's just evolving trade pokemon, i only wanna use for that

Pkhex but there’s always a risk when using CFW as it could be detected by Nintendo. I have used CFW and Pkhex/Checkpoint for years and so far I never had a problem. Playing downloaded roms or hacking save games (such as in animal crossing) could get you banned, but replacing a few mons using pkhex its AFAIK safe .

Edited by ryuko2002

On 2/2/2022 at 2:27 PM, SkyLink98 said:

Both are fine until you respect the evolution conditions

ah ok thanks, this resolved my issue

i can transfer the pokemon to bank too right? cuz i found my first shiny on a fire red rom so-

On 2/4/2022 at 2:39 AM, ryuko2002 said:

Pkhex but there’s always a risk when using CFW as it could be detected by Nintendo. I have used CFW and Pkhex/Checkpoint for years and so far I never had a problem. Playing downloaded roms or hacking save games (such as in animal crossing) could get you banned, but replacing a few mons using pkhex its AFAIK safe .

yeah i do not intend to do tooo much things, just a change here n there

On 2/4/2022 at 2:39 AM, ryuko2002 said:

what is the meaning of cfw btw?

custom firmware. You 'hacking' the device and running a 'custom version' of the 'firmware'.

Basically without CFW, you can't use homebrew to backup your saves. So if you can do that, you are definitely on CFW.

You can also just check the firmware version of the Switch in settings. there should be AMS as a prefix or something.

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2022 at 1:36 PM, theSLAYER said:

custom firmware. You 'hacking' the device and running a 'custom version' of the 'firmware'.

Basically without CFW, you can't use homebrew to backup your saves. So if you can do that, you are definitely on CFW.

You can also just check the firmware version of the Switch in settings. there should be AMS as a prefix or something.

i actually dont have a switch yet, and i am buying it today, the 2019 latest switch og model, how can i access my save files on it then?

16 minutes ago, Baristo said:

i actually dont have a switch yet, and i am buying it today, the 2019 latest switch og model, how can i access my save files on it then?

Only the 2017 OG model + 1-2 years thereabouts can get homebrew easily.
The Mariko units and Switch Lite can get homebrew, but require hard mods.

Either way you'll need homebrew to get to your save