Pkhex size scale "incorrectly transferred from past generation"

Jayxsource

So when loading in Pokémon from gen 7 in a gen 8 save file I realized that the size is set to 0 and 0 because gen 7 didn't have size scaling unlike gen 8 Pokémon so I tried to edit the gen 7 Pokémon to have sizes id like in game but it just came up with the error  "incorrectly transferred from past generation" why? can you not make transferred Pokémon larger smaller weigh heavier and lighter? I wanted to change the sizes of the Pokémon knowing that home will be compatible with legends arceus

Spoiler

(I don't know if we'll be able to transfer Pokémon to legends arceus because of the stat changes but that's just my opinion but I hope they find a way around it and not just let it be like lgpe one way to gen 8 and no going back and forth)

I wanted to mess around the sizes and just found it odd that you cant change the sizes despite the feature being available in gen 8.

51 minutes ago, Jayxsource said:

So when loading in Pokémon from gen 7 in a gen 8 save file I realized that the size is set to 0 and 0 because gen 7 didn't have size scaling unlike gen 8 Pokémon so I tried to edit the gen 7 Pokémon to have sizes id like in game but it just came up with the error  "incorrectly transferred from past generation" why? can you not make transferred Pokémon larger smaller weigh heavier and lighter? I wanted to change the sizes of the Pokémon knowing that home will be compatible with legends arceus

Reveal hidden contents

(I don't know if we'll be able to transfer Pokémon to legends arceus because of the stat changes but that's just my opinion but I hope they find a way around it and not just let it be like lgpe one way to gen 8 and no going back and forth)

I wanted to mess around the sizes and just found it odd that you cant change the sizes despite the feature being available in gen 8.

You stated the answer in your post gen 7 (SMUSUM) does not have size or weight. So adding that data to the Pokémon in gen 8 would throw an error since it is legally impossible for those Pokémon to have that data set to anything besides 0.

On 1/22/2022 at 7:55 PM, Poke J said:

You stated the answer in your post gen 7 (SMUSUM) does not have size or weight. So adding that data to the Pokémon in gen 8 would throw an error since it is legally impossible for those Pokémon to have that data set to anything besides 0.

but why leave it at that does 0,0 mean its at default height or randomized it seems like something you would be able to change just like moves OT name etc.

1 minute ago, Jayxsource said:

but why leave it at that does 0,0 mean its at default height or randomized it seems like something you would be able to change just like moves OT name etc.

You can modify moves during game play but, height and weight can not be modified during game play and when they are transferred to HOME that is what those values get set to so that is what those values have to be.