Pokémon Altered Platinum - Sinnohan Forms, Increased Difficulty, and more!

Lithium

21 hours ago, Lewygi said:

so quick question are ALL pokemon able to be shiny? sorry if stupid question

Yes, Renegade Platinum made the change to allow all special encounters (like legendaries) to spawn as shiny, so you can get a shiny version of any Pokemon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i want to download this rom hack but I'm not good with computers and im new to rom use in general.

Is there anyway someone could show me a video or explain how to get it running.

I have a working emulator for vanilla platinum on my computer right now but i dont know how to get the mod to work. I've been searhcing on my own for days and dont know how to do it. Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help

5 hours ago, broseph said:

Hey i want to download this rom hack but I'm not good with computers and im new to rom use in general.

Is there anyway someone could show me a video or explain how to get it running.

I have a working emulator for vanilla platinum on my computer right now but i dont know how to get the mod to work. I've been searhcing on my own for days and dont know how to do it. Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help

Here's a more detailed explanation:

You need a specific type of rom- there are two versions of Platinum, and this one requires Revision 1, or else the first rival battle will crash.

You can identify a Revision 1 rom if it's marked Rev 1, or if the number at the start of the file name is either 4997 or 4998. If the number is 3541, the rom is the wrong version.

Once you're sure you have the right version, make a backup of the rom file, just in case. You can copy+paste it into the same folder, which will just save a duplicate of the file. Rename it to mark it as the backup if you like.

Extract AlteredPlatinum-b151.xdelta from the download, and DeltaPatcherLite.exe as well, into a folder with the rom. I recommend using 7-Zip for this; this is a free program you can download which will open .zip files. Link: https://www.7-zip.org/ (For most modern computers running Windows, you'll want the "64-bit x64" version.)

Run DeltaPatcherLite.exe.

Click the yellow folder icon next to the "Original file:" box, navigate to where your rom is, and double-click it.

Then click the folder icon for the "XDelta patch:" box, and find AlteredPlatinum-b151.xdelta, double-click that.

Once you've done this, click "Apply Patch", and wait for a window to pop up saying "Patch successfully applied!".

That means the rom file you selected has been patched, and it's now a copy of Altered Platinum! You should probably rename the file to something like "Pokemon Altered Platinum" at this point.

Then you just have to open the file in your emulator of choice, and play! Personally, I use DeSmuME.

Edited by Lithium

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ZaHANDO said:

The Deep Rock Galactic reference in the Solaceon Ruins made my day haha. Great Hack by the way it's really rejuvenated Gen 4 for me after playing the pretty disappointing remakes.

Glad you're enjoying it! Sinnohan Sandslash is actually sort of based on a Glyphid Slasher.

Rock and Stone, miner!

I don't mean to complain or be rude, but I hunted for a shiny Krabby and when it appeared it was green/yellow, just like in the original games not in the colour you recoulered it for this hack. Is this a accidental mistake or a glitch? Still, I'm not too bothered by it, thought it was a bit weird.

3 hours ago, Shytrainwreck said:

I don't mean to complain or be rude, but I hunted for a shiny Krabby and when it appeared it was green/yellow, just like in the original games not in the colour you recoulered it for this hack. Is this a accidental mistake or a glitch? Still, I'm not too bothered by it, thought it was a bit weird.

I went into the game files and discovered that a few shinies had not been changed. I'm not sure why, but it should be fixed now.

5 hours ago, Marty7789 said:

How do you evolve budew and Roselia been trying to figure out for days can’t find it anywhere 

Budew evolves if it levels up knowing Detect, and Roselia evolves if it levels up knowing Aura Sphere. It's right there in SinnohanForms.txt, in the documentation that comes with the hack...

Released b1.5.3, which simply fixes Electivire's second ability not being Iron Fist as intended, and fixes the version shown in the pause menu not being updated, which I forgot to change in the last version.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 12:18 PM, 9gkZyLQ63t said:

Bug Report: v. 1.5.1: Volkner's Rotom is back to regular forme instead of Frost forme.

Released b1.5.4, where I fix this and a couple other issues.

Full changelog:

b1.5.4
Fixed Volkner having the wrong Rotom forms in both battles where he uses one.
Fixed the Galactic Grunt in the Team Galactic Eterna Building having a Glameow instead of a Swablu.
Fixed Probopass having Lightningrod instead of Volt Absorb.

Edited by Lithium
Might as well be clearer about the changes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 8:33 AM, Hardballz100 said:

My tyrogue won’t evolve to hitmomchan even after levering it up with life orb. Any idea on how I can evolve it?

That's very odd. I tested this out myself on the latest version of the hack and evolved it successfully without issue.
Check the options menu. What version are you playing on?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 9:39 PM, felinefriend said:

what Eevee evolution is strongest, offensive-based wise? i normally go with Flareon when i play Renegade Platinum, but with this...i'm just not sure. i like how Espeon gets Magic Guard. but idk which one to pick between physical-offensive or special-offensive. Help?

That's kind of a difficult question to answer.

Among the Eeveelutions, I'd say Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Leafeon and Glaceon are the offensively-focused ones, but exactly which one is 'strongest' is going to be hard to determine, because they're all supposed to be about as good as each other.

Which one you should choose, I would say, depends on what else you want to use on your team. Eevee is a useful 'wildcard' mon, because if you can pick five other Pokemon to use on your team and you're not sure what goes in the last slot, chances are there's an Eeveelution that will fit.

I will note that Leafeon and Glaceon have been significantly altered. Leafeon is supposed to be able to work as a nice revenge killer, hence its access to Extreme Speed and Sucker Punch. Natural Cure also helps it survive for longer when switched out, which gels nicely with revenge killing, and especially U-turn.

Glaceon is now much faster as well, and with its stats it could work sort of like an Ice-type Gardevoir, using Calm Mind to set up and sweep, or Nasty Plot for pure offense.

Espeon also gets Gem Flash, which is extremely strong with Technician since it's basically a Rock-type version of Charge Beam.

Finally decided to make this newest version r1.0.0, since I feel like it's feature-complete at this point.
Highlights include the introduction of a proper Sinnohan Scizor (Steel/Ice type), and the addition of Dual Wingbeat and Triple Axel!
Note: If you have a regular Scizor, updating will turn it into its Sinnohan Form. If it has Swarm as its second ability though, it will keep it. Feel free to use a save editor to change it!
Full changelog:

Spoiler

r1.0.0
Fixed the Evolution Changes document not having the correct methods listed for Sinnohan Forms,
and added an (S) to indicate them as well.
Fixed Ty and Sue, Scientist Shaun, and Bird Keeper Brianna having the wrong Pokemon.

Inspired by Blaze Black 2 / Volt White 2 Redux, a list of optional level caps has been added to TrainerPokemon.txt,
and included in its own file, LevelCaps.txt.

Sinnohan Scizor has been added to the game!
Instead of evolving into regular Scizor, Sinnohan Scyther now becomes a
Steel/Ice type. Though quad-weak to Fighting and Fire, these are its only
weaknesses- and this typing has opened up some new options for it.

See SinnohanForms.txt for more details.

Sinnohan Raichu's stats have changed.
Old     70 HP / 60 Atk / 75 Def / 110 SAtk / 100 SDef / 105 Spd / 520 BST
New     80 HP / 60 Atk / 80 Def / 110 SAtk / 100 SDef / 105 Spd / 535 BST

Small buff to help it take hits a bit better.

Added Dual Wingbeat to the game, replacing the nearly-unused Pluck.
Dual Wingbeat now has 100% accuracy, but is otherwise unchanged.
Pokemon that learn Dual Wingbeat: Charizard, Fearow, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Crobat, Ninjask, Salamence, Latias, Latios

Added Triple Axel to the game, replacing Present.
Pokemon that learn Triple Axel: Articuno, Sneasel, Weavile, Delibird, Hitmontop, Lopunny, Gallade, Scyther-S, Scizor-S

Removed Slash from Scyther-S and Scizor-S's level up list to make room for Triple Axel.
Triple Axel is now learned at 37 instead of Icicle Spear, which is learned at 55.

9 hours ago, Elias Kyriakou said:

Does anyone know how to evolve Tyrogue?

- Tyrogue: Now evolves if leveled up while holding an item. Choice Band for Hitmonlee, Life Orb for Hitmonchan, and Choice Scarf for Hitmontop.

Please look at the documents included with the download before asking questions like this.

16 hours ago, Lithium said:

- Tyrogue: Now evolves if leveled up while holding an item. Choice Band for Hitmonlee, Life Orb for Hitmonchan, and Choice Scarf for Hitmontop.

Please look at the documents included with the download before asking questions like this.

I already tried that and it didn’t work but now I see I think it’s an issue with my version. I have the b1.5.0 version. Is there a different way to do it in this version or do I have to update my rom.

9 minutes ago, Elias Kyriakou said:

I already tried that and it didn’t work but now I see I think it’s an issue with my version. I have the b1.5.0 version. Is there a different way to do it in this version or do I have to update my rom.

You have to update, earlier versions were bugged.

Updating shouldn't break anything though- they only break stuff when certain scripts are changed.

Updated to r1.0.1. Some big additions here, including four new moves, a Wormadam overhaul, a few minor buffs to Gyarados, and a partial reversion of Sinnohan Togekiss.

Three new moves from Pokemon Legends Arceus have been added: Wave Crash, Headlong Rush, and Esper Wing. As well, Meteor Dive's animation was tweaked to use the second turn of Sky Attack instead of being a copy of Brave Bird.

As for Togekiss, to make a long story short, I wasn't satisfied with Sinnohan Togekiss's type change to Grass/Water, and reverted it to Grass/Dragon- but with a few changes.
It now has Sekai Slam, a signature physical Dragon-type move with 90 Base Power and a 50% chance to raise Defense.
Additionally, its Special Defense got buffed a little bit, and its Abilities are now Thick Fat and Serene Grace.

Full changelog:

Spoiler

r1.0.1
Fixed TrainerPokemon.txt showing incorrect Pokemon for Bertha's rematch team.

Changed Meteor Dive's animation. Now uses the same animation as Turn 2 of Sky Attack,
to separate it from Brave Bird.

Added Esper Wing, Wave Crash, and Headlong Rush to the game, replacing Mud Sport, Water Sport,
and Camouflage respectively.
Pokemon that learned these moves originally have had their level-up sets modified.
Here's a list: Krabby, Wooper, Quagsire, Swinub, Piloswine, Mamoswine, Mudkip, Zigzagoon, Linoone,
Barboach, Whiscash, Relicanth, Psyduck, Golduck, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Lombre, Ludicolo,
Surskit, Masquerain, Latias, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Buizel, Floatzel, Phione, Manaphy, Togepi-S,
Staryu, Starmie, Kecleon, Mothim

Of these Pokemon, some have been given access to egg moves or new moves.
Swinub, Piloswine, Mamoswine: Curse
Zigzagoon, Linoone: Trick
Barboach, Whiscash: Dragon Dance (now learned at level 1)
Shellos, Gastrodon: Curse
Psyduck, Golduck: Encore
Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath: Encore
Lombre, Ludicolo: Synthesis
Surskit, Masquerain: Foresight
Latias: Protect
Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon: Aqua Ring
Buizel, Floatzel: Fury Swipes
Phione, Manaphy: Mud-Slap
Togepi-S: Lucky Chant
Staryu, Starmie: Mimic
Kecleon: Encore (!!)
Mothim: Leech Life (!!)

Pokemon that learn Esper Wing: Natu(37), Xatu(42), Noctowl-S(1)
Pokemon that learn Wave Crash: Poliwrath(1), Dewgong(1), Shellder(37), Cloyster(48), Gyarados(1/44),
Kabutops(1), Whiscash(1), Huntail(1), Buizel(34), Floatzel(37), Togetic-S(31), Togekiss-S(34)
Pokemon that learn Headlong Rush: Dugtrio(1), Primeape(1), Tauros(1), Heracross(1), Teddiursa(42),
Ursaring(43), Piloswine(47), Mamoswine(47), Glalie(1), Torterra(39), Rampardos(1), Regigigas(54)

Esper Wing
Effect: +1 Priority, High Critical Ratio
Accuracy: 90% >> 100%

Wave Crash
Power: 75 >> 120
PP: 10 >> 15
Effect: 1/3 Recoil

Headlong Rush
Power: 100 >> 120
Effect: Lower own Defense and Special Defense

Added Sekai Slam to the game, replacing Vital Throw.
List of Vital Throw replacements:
Machop/Machoke/Machamp(23): Vital Throw >> Counter
Pinsir(27): Vital Throw >> U-turn (!!)
Makuhita/Hariyama(17): Vital Throw >> Low Kick

Sekai Slam
Type: Dragon
Class: Physical, 1 Target
Power: 90
PP: 10
Accuracy: 100
Effect: 50% chance to raise user's Defense 1 stage.
Description: With its tough apple-like belly, the user tackles the target. It may also raise the user's Defense.

Sinnohan Togepi, Togetic and Togekiss's types have changed.
Old        Grass/Water
New        Grass(Togepi), Grass/Dragon

Sinnohan Togetic and Togekiss's abilities have been changed.
Old     No Guard/Water Veil
New     Thick Fat/Serene Grace

Sinnohan Togetic and Togekiss can now learn Draco Meteor by tutor.

Sinnohan Togekiss's stats have changed.
Old     85 HP / 120 Atk / 125 Def / 50 SAtk / 85 SDef / 80 Spd / 545 BST
New     85 HP / 120 Atk / 125 Def / 50 SAtk / 90 SDef / 80 Spd / 550 BST

Sinnohan Togekiss's level-up moves have changed.
11 >> 1 - Yawn >> Dragon Rush
43 - Dragon Rush >> Sekai Slam

I was never quite satisfied with the change in this line's typing.
It made it more competitive, but it also didn't seem particularly fitting.
This time, I've resolved to fix this with a different approach.
Togekiss-S now has Sekai Slam, a Dragon-type signature move with a 50% chance to raise its Defense.
If it chooses Thick Fat, it gains a Fire resist and its Ice weakness becomes 2x instead of 4x.
However, if it picks Serene Grace, among other secondary effects being boosted, Togekiss-S
now gains 1 stage of Defense every time it uses Sekai Slam.
These changes should help it last longer, and allow it to set up Dragon Dance more reliably.

Looking for feedback on these changes! If it's still not good enough,
making Togekiss-S a pseudolegendary is on the table.

Persian's level-up moves have changed.
1 - Assist >> Hyper Voice (!!)

Golem's stats have changed.
Old     80 HP / 120 Atk / 130 Def / 55 SAtk / 75 SDef / 45 Spd / 505 BST
New     80 HP / 120 Atk / 130 Def / 45 SAtk / 75 SDef / 65 Spd / 515 BST

Golem's level-up moves have changed.
36 - Dragon Claw >> Dragon Rush (!!)

Gyarados's stats have changed.
Old     95 HP / 125 Atk / 79 Def / 60 SAtk / 100 SDef / 81 Spd / 540 BST
New     105 HP / 125 Atk / 80 Def / 45 SAtk / 100 SDef / 85 Spd / 540 BST

Gyarados's level-up moves have changed.
1 - Bind >> Meteor Dive (!!)

Normally I wouldn't consider buffing THE ALMIGHTY GYARADOS... But with all the changes I've made so far,
it was starting to look just a tad behind the curve, so I spruced it up a little.

Wormadam's abilities have been changed.
Old(All)     Battle Armor / Anticipation
New(Plant Cloak)     Chlorophyll / Unaware
New(Sandy Cloak)     Mold Breaker / Dry Skin
New(Trash Cloak)     Heatproof / Battle Armor

Wormadam's stats have changed.

Base Stats (Plant Cloak) :
Old     60 HP / 50 Atk / 90 Def / 110 SAtk / 110 SDef / 30 Spd / 450 BST
New     70 HP / 50 Atk / 90 Def / 120 SAtk / 110 SDef / 60 Spd / 500 BST

Base Stats (Sandy Cloak) :
Old     60 HP / 50 Atk / 110 Def / 110 SAtk / 90 SDef / 30 Spd / 450 BST
New     70 HP / 50 Atk / 120 Def / 110 SAtk / 90 SDef / 60 Spd / 500 BST

Base Stats (Trash Cloak) :
Old     60 HP / 50 Atk / 100 Def / 110 SAtk / 100 SDef / 30 Spd / 450 BST
New     70 HP / 50 Atk / 110 Def / 100 SAtk / 110 SDef / 60 Spd / 500 BST

Wormadam's level-up moves have changed.
(All)
1 - Sucker Punch >> Iron Defense (!!)
1 - Tackle >> Recover (!!)
1 - Bug Bite >> Amnesia (!!)
(Plant Cloak)
1 - Leaf Storm >> Heat Wave (!!)
1 - Hidden Power >> Leaf Storm
50 - Leaf Storm >> Heat Wave (!!)
(Sandy Cloak)
1 - Earthquake >> Power Gem (!!)
1 - Hidden Power >> Spikes (!!)
50 - Earthquake >> Power Gem (!!)
(Trash Cloak)
1 - Iron Head >> Sludge Bomb (!!)
1 - Metal Burst >> Toxic Spikes (!!)
1 - Hidden Power >> Earth Power (!!)
50 - Iron Head >> Sludge Bomb (!!)

Wormadam(Trash Cloak) is now compatible with TM36, Sludge Bomb.

Wormadam was in dire need of a glow-up, especially with Mothim being this awesome mixed sweeper.
I suspect it'll be a lot more usable now, regardless of the form you choose.
The worst one is probably Plant Cloak, though with its concept I couldn't really justify a type change.
Still, it would most likely work quite well on a sun team, especially with access to Heat Wave.
Definitely not much of a tank, though.
You might be able to get away with using it with Sunny Day, too.

Buizel and Floatzel's abilities have been changed.
Old     Technician / Water Veil
New        Reckless / Water Veil

Floatzel is now compatible with TM80, Rock Slide.

These stat changes synergize with their new access to Wave Crash.

Dragon Claw was changed.
Power: 80 >> 90
Effect: No Effect >> High Critical Ratio

Edited by Lithium

Just released a minor update, r1.0.2, because I noticed a bit of an oversight relating to Huge Power/Pure Power and how EVs work. Basically, these Abilities are around 25% worse without EVs, so I modified a few Pokemon's base stats to ensure they're not lagging behind because of this.
Changelog:

Spoiler

r1.0.2
Without EVs, Huge Power and Pure Power are roughly 25% worse than they're supposed to be.
So most Pokemon with these abilities have been changed to compensate.

As an example, assuming no EVs, a neutral nature, and 31 IVs, a base Attack of 150 gets you a final Attack
stat of 336. With 50 Base Attack and Huge Power, you get 272, which is 23.5% worse.
However, with 252 EVs in both stats, you get 399 for the 150 base Attack Pokemon, and 398 for the Huge Power Pokemon.

Meganium's stats have changed.
Old     100 HP / 52 Atk / 100 Def / 103 SAtk / 110 SDef / 80 Spd / 545 BST
New     100 HP / 62 Atk / 100 Def / 103 SAtk / 100 SDef / 80 Spd / 545 BST

Marill's stats have changed.
Old     70 HP / 20 Atk / 50 Def / 40 SAtk / 50 SDef / 40 Spd / 270 BST
New     70 HP / 24 Atk / 50 Def / 40 SAtk / 50 SDef / 40 Spd / 274 BST

Azumarill's stats have changed.
Old     100 HP / 50 Atk / 80 Def / 90 SAtk / 80 SDef / 50 Spd / 450 BST
New     100 HP / 62 Atk / 80 Def / 90 SAtk / 80 SDef / 50 Spd / 462 BST

Girafarig's stats have changed.
Old     70 HP / 55 Atk / 65 Def / 135 SAtk / 65 SDef / 115 Spd / 505 BST
New     70 HP / 60 Atk / 65 Def / 135 SAtk / 65 SDef / 115 Spd / 510 BST