Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness: The Cons

evandixon

I have posted this here so everyone can disscuss what they don't like about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness.

Even though I like it:

-Recruits are Random

-Starter picked by interview is basically random (The questions are, anyway)

-Pokemon look the same size

-Time does not work the way it is specified in the game:

(This spoiler is a real spoiler)

If time was a strict progression of cause to effect, which it isn't, then you would not dissappear after time is fixed, you would dissapear at the exact moment it is fixed. Because time is not a strict progression of cause to effect, then the whole storyline is written in a way, that cannot be corrected slightly, it would have to be completely re-written.

-For the first 12 hours of gameplay, you are unable to change the team leader.

I don't like the whole game.

The game could be based off something totally unrelated and it'd have the same effect and gameplay.

It has been, actually. There are a number of other Mystery Dungeon series based on other franchises.

-Recruits are Random

Not really a problem when you're higher leveled and have the Golden Mask/Amber Tear.

-Starter picked by interview is basically random (The questions are, anyway)

There's a guide about the questions and the corresponding natures. With a bit of effort, you can have any starter you please.

-Pokemon look the same size

Eh... didn't you get to fight Primal Dialga or what? He's about three times your size. Not to mention Gyrados/Steelix and a number of others.

PMD2 was lazy. All Gen III sprites were recycled and the Gen IV sprites didn't look too good either. Gameplay was the same as in PMD. Heck, the dungeons were about the same too.

Don't remember a rename function. Also, they could have done with a better system for eggs than what was in the game.

Cutscenes are looooooooooooooooooooong.

Ah yes. Don't recall a skip function either.

There's a guide about the questions and the corresponding natures. With a bit of effort, you can have any starter you please.

Eh... didn't you get to fight Primal Dialga or what? He's about three times your size. Not to mention Gyrados/Steelix and a number of others.

Ah yes. Don't recall a skip function either.

Even with the guide, the questions picked are random, so there isn't much say in what you get.

I wasn't really thinking about the bosses. I hacked mine to be a Riolu, and it is the same size as a Piplup, Torkoal,Wigglytuff, Chatot, Vigorath, slightly smaller than a Dusknoir, (List goes on...)

I wish the DS had a hibernate function, to TURN THE POWER OFF, and still be able to continue fro where you were last.

• 4 weeks later...

well I like the game very much. the story is interesting, the pokemon combination's and items are very wide spread. the legendaries are cool to hunt after (I caught all legendaries even darkrai without cheating) and battling/training in the mazes becomes a good way to test your abilities. and the wi-fi thing is cool where you can rescue others/send them reward/helper pokemon.

AND I DO DA CHA-CHA LIKE A SISSY GIRL!

Good points, minus the CHA-CHA part, but it still gets extremely boring after the game is over, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Yes but it's a great game. And i still play it. Not that i haven't completed it before a year.

I did like how it made tons of sense. That was cool and it explained a lot about your previous human life.

Better than the first one.

Another thing, not nessesarily bad, but the PP of moves aren't the same as DP. They are closer to 10, so one that has 5 in DP would be 8 in this one, and one that has 20 in DP has 10 here, and so on...

• 4 weeks later...

I loved pokemon red mystery dungeon, but I absolutely hated these games. I can't put my finger exactly on where they messed up, but they certainly did, seeing as this game didn't feel right. Oh, and you can't even fight a friend's team over Wi-Fi or something like that? I really didn't like these games.

Wraith89 Edit: Please don't use inappropriate language here. Keep it G rated, thanks ;)