Pokemon XD save file isn't being detected as a valid gci file in other programs. Box, item, and trainer data are still viewable in PKHex

BasilLeafeon

I was editing my save file and I made the mistake of not backing up my save file and replaced it with the PKHex edit immediately afterwards. I had edited and exported several times minutes prior, having checked the save file in game for the changes, however after this attempt it no longer works. Using the any of the PKHex backups, even of the save files that had worked before, exporting those gives me the same results. I have enclosed the save file that results from exporting the save using the backup. Is there any way to salvage the save file to make it usable again?

PokemonXD.gci

4 hours ago, BasilLeafeon said:

I was editing my save file and I made the mistake of not backing up my save file and replaced it with the PKHex edit immediately afterwards. I had edited and exported several times minutes prior, having checked the save file in game for the changes, however after this attempt it no longer works. Using the any of the PKHex backups, even of the save files that had worked before, exporting those gives me the same results. I have enclosed the save file that results from exporting the save using the backup. Is there any way to salvage the save file to make it usable again?

For some reason the file got truncated by 64 bytes so the bytes at address 0x6040 didn’t line up properly and the header looked off. I changed the header to match one of my savefile (I don't know if this was the true cause of the issue) then I added in some padding so the data would line up at 0x6040 and fixed the checksums with PKHeX. I tested it with Dolphin and it seem to work now.

PokemonXD.gci

• Like 2