PKHeX - How to generate valid PIDs to create legal shiny 6IV custom natures for roaming Pokémon?

Khodor Salame32

Hello, my name is Khodor Salame. I was hoping if you can explain how to generate a legal shiny 6IV roaming Pokémon such as Cresselia. I would love to generate a perfect shiny 6IV Cresselia because it reminds me of the Tower Tycoon Palmers' Cresselia, which was apparently a 6IV Modest nature with balanced effort values; 170 HP, 170 Defence, and 170 special defence. I certainly know this because I used an Action Replay cheating device to capture Palmer's Cresselia in the original Diamond & Pearl games on the Nintendo DS console. I used 2 cheat codes; catch Trainer's Pokémon, and 100% catch ratio. It's too bad how PKHeX's Encounter Database is very limited and doesn't allow users to specify the IVs and natures before generating. Therefore, I'm unable to generate a valid PID resulting in a legal shiny 6IV modest natured Cresselia. If you have a method to generate valid PIDs for roaming Pokémon that would be totally awesome!

It's too bad how PKHeX's Encounter Database is very limited and doesn't allow users to specify the IVs and natures before generating.

You're wrong. That's the entire purpose of the EncounterDb setting UseTabsAsCriteria

PKHeX checks at most 50,000 different attempts before giving up, so as to not hang the program for impossible requests. Load a Roamer encounter, set all the IVs to 31, make it shiny, then regenerate. You'll get a legal roamer that you can set to level 100 and hyper train accordingly to get your 6IV result.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

Hello Kaphotics, would you be soo kind to upload two .pb8 files containing a legal shiny 6IV Bold natured Cresselia and a non-shiny 6IV Modest natured Cresselia? Can you also explain with screenshots? I really wish PKHeX's Encounter Database was easy to use and users wouldn't have to type any commands. There should be edit boxes that allow users to specify everything. Wouldn't you agree?

Edited by Khodor Salame32

You can use PKHeX to generate a shiny without specific IVs like so:

0. Settings: EncounterDb.UseTabsAsCriteria = true

1. view cresselia BD encounter

2. set all IVs to 31 3. make it shiny

4. view cresselia BD encounter again

Not a single command typed.  

There should be edit boxes that allow users to specify everything. Wouldn't you agree?

Use the PKHeX-Plugins' auto legality mod if you want things to be generated for you. Letting the user specify everything would require too much coding; not worth the effort.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

I tried rerolling the PID countless times and all I got was 4 perfect IVs. Can you force PKHeX to generate flawless IVs in all 6 stats? I dislike hyper trained stats. Can you please upload .PB8 files containing a 6IV Modest natured Cresselia and perhaps a shiny 6IV Bold natured Cresselia as well?

488 ★ - Cresselia - EF1E9BC8E552.pb8

I tried rerolling the PID countless times and all I got was 4 perfect IVs. Can you force PKHeX to generate 31 IVs in all 6 stats without hyper training? Can you please upload .PB8 files containing a 6IV Modest natured Cresselia and perhaps a shiny 6IV Bold natured Cresselia as well?

488 ★ - Cresselia - EF1E9BC8E552.pb8