Moving Pokemon from original gen 4 Diamond to BDSP?

wordupmagazine

Hey all,

Been using PKHex for a minute, PokeGen before it, yada yada yada. However, I haven't used it since maybe gen 5 and I'm having a bit of trouble.

I have my original Diamond save, extracted from the cart, loaded in PKHeX. With it, I can extract the specific handful of Pokemon I want to move over. It saves them as .pk4 files.

When I use PKHeX to load up BDSP save, and then try to open to .pk4 files, it naturally gives me the error: "Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size. This could be caused by loading a different generation Pokemon file on an unsupported generation or your file is corrupt."

Which is true. It is - I guess through the sheer power of technicality - a different generation. 

How can I bring my gen 4 Pokemon from the original Diamond into my current Brilliant Diamond save? 

P.S. I do have multiple hacked DSes and 3DSes and a single hacked Switch and a single unhackked one, so I understand my options are limitless unless there's simply no non-Nintendo-official way. As I understand it now, one option I have is trading them from Diamond to Black, from Black into Pokemon Bank, from Bank into Home, and from Home into Sword or Shield, export that save, export the Pokemon, then import them into BDSP.

But I do not want to do all of that. I feel like there (hopefully) is an easier way. 

Thanks!

Edited by wordupmagazine