My journey to pokemon home - confirm if this is possible

Moepkid

Hey all!

After being completely hooked to Brilliant diamond, reawakening my love for Pokemon, I have written down how I can play every Pokemon game and transfer them to the next generation. I also want to avoid pal park and such. I do have a legit DS / 3DS card for every generation, but seeing I read something about PKHEX I was wondering if the following is a good approach to enjoy everything en try and get the most out of the games. I have a DS and 3DS available.

Before I describe my route, can somebody confirm if PKHEX is legit in a way that I can safely transfer legit pokemon through this application and then eventually not have problems with bank / home ? If so, I can skip the whole pal park stuff and not be reliable on those external software (except for the bank and home).

So here it goes:

Red (3ds) -> bank -> home

Blue (3ds) -> bank -> home

Yellow (3ds) -> bank - home

Gold (3ds) -> bank -> home

Silver (3ds) -> bank -> home

Crystal (3ds) -> bank -> home

Ruby (emulation) -> Emerald (emulation) : trade through PKHEX

Sapphire (emulation) -> Emerald (emulation) : trade through PKHEX

Fire Red (emulation) -> Emerald (emulation) : trade through PKHEX

Leaf Green (emulation) -> Emerald (emulation) : trade through PKHEX

Emerald (emulation) -> Soul Silver (r4) : trade through PKHEX

Diamond (r4) -> Platinum (r4) : trade through PKHEX

Pearl (r4) (legit card available)  -> Platinum (r4) : trade through PKHEX

Platinum (r4) -> Soul Silver (r4) : trade through PKHEX

Soul Silver (r4) -> Heart Gold (r4) (legit card available) : trade through PKHEX

Heart Gold (r4) (legit card available) -> White (r4) : trade through PKHEX

White (r4) -> Black 2 (legit card) : trading

White 2 (r4) -> Black 2 (legit card) : trading

Black (legit card) -> Black 2 (legit card) : trading

Black 2 (legit card) -> transporter -> bank -> home

X (3ds) -> bank -> home

Y (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Omega Ruby (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Alpha Sapphire (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Sun (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Moon (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Ultra Sun (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Ultra Moon (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Any suggestions based on this roadmap? I do want to play every game, so optimizing is not required as to which game to play. Maybe the game where I trade to at the end of the gen (e.g. HG -> white) can be optimized?

46 minutes ago, Moepkid said:

Hey all!

After being completely hooked to Brilliant diamond, reawakening my love for Pokemon, I have written down how I can play every Pokemon game and transfer them to the next generation. I also want to avoid pal park and such. I do have a legit DS / 3DS card for every generation, but seeing I read something about PKHEX I was wondering if the following is a good approach to enjoy everything en try and get the most out of the games. I have a DS and 3DS available.

Before I describe my route, can somebody confirm if PKHEX is legit in a way that I can safely transfer legit pokemon through this application and then eventually not have problems with bank / home ? If so, I can skip the whole pal park stuff and not be reliable on those external software (except for the bank and home).

So here it goes:

Red (3ds) -> bank -> home

Blue (3ds) -> bank -> home

Yellow (3ds) -> bank - home

Gold (3ds) -> bank -> home

Silver (3ds) -> bank -> home

Crystal (3ds) -> bank -> home

Ruby (emulation) -> Emerald (emulation) : trade through PKHEX

Sapphire (emulation) -> Emerald (emulation) : trade through PKHEX

Fire Red (emulation) -> Emerald (emulation) : trade through PKHEX

Leaf Green (emulation) -> Emerald (emulation) : trade through PKHEX

Emerald (emulation) -> Soul Silver (r4) : trade through PKHEX

Diamond (r4) -> Platinum (r4) : trade through PKHEX

Pearl (r4) (legit card available)  -> Platinum (r4) : trade through PKHEX

Platinum (r4) -> Soul Silver (r4) : trade through PKHEX

Soul Silver (r4) -> Heart Gold (r4) (legit card available) : trade through PKHEX

Heart Gold (r4) (legit card available) -> White (r4) : trade through PKHEX

White (r4) -> Black 2 (legit card) : trading

White 2 (r4) -> Black 2 (legit card) : trading

Black (legit card) -> Black 2 (legit card) : trading

Black 2 (legit card) -> transporter -> bank -> home

X (3ds) -> bank -> home

Y (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Omega Ruby (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Alpha Sapphire (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Sun (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Moon (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Ultra Sun (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Ultra Moon (3ds card) -> bank -> home

Any suggestions based on this roadmap? I do want to play every game, so optimizing is not required as to which game to play. Maybe the game where I trade to at the end of the gen (e.g. HG -> white) can be optimized?

PKHeX transfer isn’t legit, but it mimics the method of transfer properly. You have some convoluted transfer paths. You’re transferring all of your gen 3 and 4 Pokémon to one file before transfer isn’t necessary and will waste time. A more simple path would be

Sapphire->White

Ruby->W

E->W

FR->W

LG->W

D->W

P->W

Pl->W

SS->W

HG->W

W->B2

PKHeX can skip in between gens like gen 4 if you’re wanting it in gen 5.

3 hours ago, Poke J said:

PKHeX transfer isn’t legit, but it mimics the method of transfer properly. You have some convoluted transfer paths. You’re transferring all of your gen 3 and 4 Pokémon to one file before transfer isn’t necessary and will waste time. A more simple path would be

Sapphire->White

Ruby->W

E->W

FR->W

LG->W

D->W

P->W

Pl->W

SS->W

HG->W

W->B2

PKHeX can skip in between gens like gen 4 if you’re wanting it in gen 5.

Thanks! Does that mean I can get banned if I transfer pkhex pokemon later on to my bank with a legit black 2 card? I mean, I wonder if bank or home sees that I skipped gens or pkhex does not emulate the migration for emerald to pearl for example (with the weird mini game), so Thats why I wanted to have intended way without the external dependencies like poketransfer.

I don't want to alter any stats, just drop them in white.

Also, I thought I had to transfer them to a single game per generation due to that file making it legitimate for bank.

Edited by Moepkid

3 hours ago, Moepkid said:

Thanks! Does that mean I can get banned if I transfer pkhex pokemon later on to my bank with a legit black 2 card? I mean, I wonder if bank or home sees that I skipped gens or pkhex does not emulate the migration for emerald to pearl for example (with the weird mini game), so Thats why I wanted to have intended way without the external dependencies like poketransfer.

I don't want to alter any stats, just drop them in white.

Also, I thought I had to transfer them to a single game per generation due to that file making it legitimate for bank.

PKHeX can handle transfers properly because no new data is being created. Transferring a Pokémon the legitimate way basically copies the important values and makes the Pokémon and then deletes the Pokémon in the original game. PKHeX can mimic that the creation process. The only gen I’d suggest to transfer the official way would would be gen 3-> gen 4 based solely how trash bytes are generated and I’m not sure if that is fully understood yet. However, gen 4 -> gen 5 wipes out the trash bytes so you can skip transfer to any later generation and there shouldn’t be any issues. That’s said if you want to be 100% sure there is no issues you need real games and hardware.

In terms of dropping stats I have no idea what you mean or referring to.

Only gens 5, 6, 7, and HOME have any comparability with Bank. So no things don’t have to be on one central save file. Bank is tied to your 3DS so and gen 5 game can send to your Bank with your 3DS and any gen 6 or 7 games can deposit or withdraw from your Bank with your 3DS. (Note Pokémon once entered a gen 7 game can not return to a gen 6). I you want to think about it this way your Bank save is your central save before moving them to HOME.

Lastly, I’d like to clear one thing up anytime you use PKHeX on a save file the Pokémon on the save are no longer legit and are legal at best. Same goes for emulation and R4 those Pokémon will be legal at best. The only way to get and have legit Pokémon is if the Pokémon was obtained with official Nintendo hardware playing an official game that the save file has never been dumped.

24 minutes ago, Poke J said:

PKHeX can handle transfers properly because no new data is being created. Transferring a Pokémon the legitimate way basically copies the important values and makes the Pokémon and then deletes the Pokémon in the original game. PKHeX can mimic that the creation process. The only gen I’d suggest to transfer the official way would would be gen 3-> gen 4 based solely how trash bytes are generated and I’m not sure if that is fully understood yet. However, gen 4 -> gen 5 wipes out the trash bytes so you can skip transfer to any later generation and there shouldn’t be any issues. That’s said if you want to be 100% sure there is no issues you need real games and hardware.

In terms of dropping stats I have no idea what you mean or referring to.

Only gens 5, 6, 7, and HOME have any comparability with Bank. So no things don’t have to be on one central save file. Bank is tied to your 3DS so and gen 5 game can send to your Bank with your 3DS and any gen 6 or 7 games can deposit or withdraw from your Bank with your 3DS. (Note Pokémon once entered a gen 7 game can not return to a gen 6). I you want to think about it this way your Bank save is your central save before moving them to HOME.

Lastly, I’d like to clear one thing up anytime you use PKHeX on a save file the Pokémon on the save are no longer legit and are legal at best. Same goes for emulation and R4 those Pokémon will be legal at best. The only way to get and have legit Pokémon is if the Pokémon was obtained with official Nintendo hardware playing an official game that the save file has never been dumped.

Thanks again for this explanation! I feel like I'm getting the hang of this.

I now understand why you say skip to trading with white directly because of those thrash bytes. I did not know pkhex did this correctly, so I will go that way.

One last question: if I understand correctly, there is a chance I will get banned? Even though I only use Pokebank with a legit card (black 2) and non altered pokemon?

15 minutes ago, Moepkid said:

Thanks again for this explanation! I feel like I'm getting the hang of this.

I now understand why you say skip to trading with white directly because of those thrash bytes. I did not know pkhex did this correctly, so I will go that way.

One last question: if I understand correctly, there is a chance I will get banned? Even though I only use Pokebank with a legit card (black 2) and non altered pokemon?

Anytime you take advantage of 3rd party hardware or software you will be running the risk of something going wrong and in worst case scenario could result in a ban. However, all Pokémon should be legal doing this so I think there shouldn't be a high risk. I won't give you a direct yes or no because I can't see the future.

EDIT

The reason I suggested skipping gen 4 here is due to the fact PKHeX can figure out what a pk3 file should be formatted like as a pk5 file and it'll save you time in the end. It has nothing to do with trash bytes.

• Like 1