Cannot enter game after editing TID and SID to 0 at ver 1.1.1

futuu

• futuu changed the title to Cannot enter game after editing TID and SID to 0 at ver 1.1.1

This seems very similar to my issue, which involves setting ONLY the SID to zero, with values in the TID. It also doesn't seem to effect pks caught while my ID is set as #####/00000, they are caught and assigned the ID without issue. Also, I can start the game and play it just fine, only problem I am seeing is display of trainer card.

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

The game does not like an all zero trainer ID.

Has this always been the case, or is this new with BDSP?

3 hours ago, Cass said:

This seems very similar to my issue, which involves setting ONLY the SID to zero, with values in the TID. It also doesn't seem to effect pks caught while my ID is set as #####/00000, they are caught and assigned the ID without issue. Also, I can start the game and play it just fine, only problem I am seeing is display of trainer card.

Has this always been the case, or is this new with BDSP?

i found that

while SID=0 freeze at trainer card screen

while SID and TID=0 can't enter

so i set 0001/000000 now😅

i downloaded a save data from here just 1 slot is red

the offset of misc slots are random decided?

1.png.1f0a88197bc51bca154772e19b749c50.png

53 minutes ago, futuu said:

i found that

while SID=0 freeze at trainer card screen

while SID and TID=0 can't enter

so i set 0001/000000 now😅

So with that SID/TID, you can play the game AND view the trainer card? Weird that the trainer card is dependent on the SID that isn't even displayed...

39 minutes ago, Cass said:

So with that SID/TID, you can play the game AND view the trainer card? Weird that the trainer card is dependent on the SID that isn't even displayed...

I don't know how it actually works, full disclaimer, but it seems to roll them together somehow. 

2 hours ago, lattechan said:

I don't know how it actually works, full disclaimer, but it seems to roll them together somehow. 

Well however it does, it's just odd to me if the game has suddenly decided that 00000 isn't an acceptable value, when it's been with us all these years. @Kaphotics mentioned above that the game doesn't 'like' an all-zero ID, but the number is definitely within range

• Ditto 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to revisit this, after another update to both pkhex and BDSP, the issue still exists. I doubt it has anything to do with pkhex, the game has more than its share of bugs!

What I was wondering is, is it possible the TID/SID RNG now exclude 00000 as an option for either? Not sure why the change would be made, it doesn't seem like a lot of benefit could come from it. At that point the game being unable to handle it just has to do with the normal sloppy bugs this game seems plagued by, rather than pkhex introducing an ID that's out-of-range.

Is pkhex able to change an ID to a number out of range? Obviously it's coded to revert an OOR ID to the max (e.g. pkhex would change 99999 to 65535) but would a hex editor be able to do that? or would the game itself revert the ID to the max?

49 minutes ago, Cass said:

Wanted to revisit this, after another update to both pkhex and BDSP, the issue still exists. I doubt it has anything to do with pkhex, the game has more than its share of bugs!

What I was wondering is, is it possible the TID/SID RNG now exclude 00000 as an option for either? Not sure why the change would be made, it doesn't seem like a lot of benefit could come from it. At that point the game being unable to handle it just has to do with the normal sloppy bugs this game seems plagued by, rather than pkhex introducing an ID that's out-of-range.

Is pkhex able to change an ID to a number out of range? Obviously it's coded to revert an OOR ID to the max (e.g. pkhex would change 99999 to 65535) but would a hex editor be able to do that? or would the game itself revert the ID to the max?

The 32bit trainer ID is what determines the 16bit ID pairs. Zero is explicitly ignored (tries again) and 2^32-1 is not possible from the rand.

If I understand you correctly then, a TID/SID of 00000/00000 is impossible (makes sense, you also said that before :) )

HOWEVER, you could have one or the other be zero (such as 12345/00000 or even 00000/12345). Have I got that straightened out?

16 hours ago, Cass said:

If I understand you correctly then, a TID/SID of 00000/00000 is impossible (makes sense, you also said that before :) )

HOWEVER, you could have one or the other be zero (such as 12345/00000 or even 00000/12345). Have I got that straightened out?

ok i dont get it. you can have your id or hidden id be zero but not the other one? how does that make sense if the game doesnt let you have 0?

4 hours ago, personguy said:

ok i dont get it. you can have your id or hidden id be zero but not the other one? how does that make sense if the game doesnt let you have 0?

Not arguing with you about what makes sense and what doesn't. Just explaining what was observed.

I you think it is dumb, go take it up with ILCA. That has nothing to do with us. Your complaints about the game is gonna fall on deaf ears 😜

Anyway, given the original question was resolved, locking this thread.