[Solved] clear sys flag 779 - Flag research of No Hat

lattechan

[in case I didn't say this is all in Brilliant Diamond right now] 

Hello, firstly I don't know where people "researching flags" normally post, so I hope this is an okay spot.
I think I found the flags for the hat in BD. There is one called "SYS No_Cap Model" in event flags editor (under system flags tab) but it appears to do nothing or just be unrelated as of the previous pkhex version(not todays)  The changes between not having the hat (old save) and immediately getting it after (new) are thus: 

Flags: ON
=========
0010    False

Flags: OFF
==========
0340    False
System: ON
=========
0779    False
0791    False

System: OFF
==========
None.

Work:
=====
094    6 => 7
246    8 => 0
418    611051236 => 611051238

some notes:
I am currently experimenting with the most recent pkhex I saw some new flags have been added. 

I'm not aware of how to change flags that aren't present in PKhex already but I hope this can help someone the goal here is to be able to use the "no hat" dawn.  I believe 094 is save count. I wouldn't know about 246 unless that's body type mayhaps, but then setting it to 8 doesn't work in that regard either. The last one I have no idea what a number like that might even be for. 
There are also separate running boots but comparing those two saves has so many more flags because of the events between, so I think I will worry about this another day when I know better what I'm doing. 

Added both saves in case that's a better option for others. I tried my best to make it as small of a time as possible between the two events so to speak. 

thanks to all of you that are involved for all you've already done. 

prehat.7z hat.7z

Edited by lattechan
added note at top

```
    public const EvWork.SYSFLAG_INDEX SYS_GET_CAP = 779;
    public const EvWork.SYSFLAG_INDEX SYS_NO_CAP_MODEL = 780;

```

Try clearing 779. Note that the latest release has an issue with setting a custom System Flag (sets the checkbox state for regular event flags, not the system flag checkbox state), so double check that you have toggled it correctly. Development Build does not have the issue (fixed).

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

some updates, no luck myself.

I got 779 to clear (dev build) however it appeared to have no effect as well.
 I don't know enough to confirm it actually turned off besides comparing the saves again afterwards. (and also obviously loading up the game and checking, I check chibi/battle model/trainer card) 
  I tried this with SYS_NO_CAP_MODEL checked under system flags. I might have misunderstood, but I believe that tab to be working as intended in the dev build, I will still try it the other way. 

I'm fairly certain this would be much easier to do with editing the files/models instead, however I guess I'm being stubborn and I believe that if a flag can put it on a flag can take it off, you know? 
 If this is completely misguided please let me know. I'll continue trying combinations and other things, as well as learning about how it works in other "similar" games maybe hoping to find an idea. 
just wanted to update for anyone checking in on it 

IMPORTANT EDIT (leaving rest for posterity)
For WHATEVER reason, reloading it in pkhex, I was doing some other adjusting and the ONLY thing I did was add a pokemon that didn't exist (specifically I was making a bellosom for someone), I saved it (essentially saving it twice overall) and this time ... 

It appears to still be a bit finnicky with actually setting the sys flags. 
Current >no cap enabled
              > 779 disabled.  (in the flag research save comparison it says 0779 I don't know if that matters or not but there's that info too)
              >pkhex dev build (posted approx 5 hours ago as of this edit)  

> my fashion set to screenshot (body type 8), every day F (seems to only work with this one. All the other models' hats are attached, I think ) 
@Kaphotics when you have a moment would you please try replicating this? (Or anyone else I just know you know what you're doing lol) 

0100000011d90000_2021-11-23_16-27-21-240.png

0100000011d90000_2021-11-23_16-29-30-652.png

0100000011d90000_2021-11-23_16-29-42-222.png

hm.png

Edited by lattechan

• theSLAYER changed the title to [Solved] clear sys flag 779 - Flag research of No Hat