How to modify trainers seen in the Grand Underground?

kaydefi

Currently trying to modify the number of trainers using pkhex seen in the grand underground to allow spiritomb to spawn in the hallowed tower. anyone able to shed some light on how to or if I'm just dumb and skipping over a certain value

Ok I made it work.

1)Open save with a hex editor (preferably HxD so you can copy the steps)

2)Hit Ctrl+E, change start-offset and end-offset to 9CFD8

3)Copy this --> 0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A and hit Ctrl+B to paste-write

4)Save (HxD will create a backup file). After that open your .bin file through PKHeX and export.

5)??? 6) Profit

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2021 at 7:19 PM, G R said:

Ok I made it work.

1)Open save with a hex editor (preferably HxD so you can copy the steps)

2)Hit Ctrl+E, change start-offset and end-offset to 9CFD8

3)Copy this --> 0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A0A and hit Ctrl+B to paste-write

4)Save (HxD will create a backup file). After that open your .bin file through PKHeX and export.

5)??? 6) Profit

this corrupted my save file... now my progress of over 100 hours is gone. good job

• Hahaha 1

28 minutes ago, Mynicknameiscf said:

this corrupted my save file... now my progress of over 100 hours is gone. good job

First of all, I have clearly stated HxD creates a backup. Your progress is completely fine.

Second, have you run your save through PKHeX? If you don't, of course it will end up corrupted.

Third, you don't even need to do this anymore. There is a button IN PKHeX that does that for you now.