[BDSP] Pokémon Created with PKHex Treated as 'Single Entity' By Ball Capsule System?

Snyphlosion

Earlier today I created some Pokémon using PKHex, all legal, different PIDs, and then brought them into Shining Pearl without issue. I traded them over to Brilliant Diamond, also seemingly without issue.

I then tried to assign one of the Pokémon to a Ball Capsule and observed an issue. After slotting in the Pokémon, every single Pokémon that was created with PKHex was slotted into that same ball. Only one sprite appeared (not the one I selected to slot in place) on the Ball Capsule screen, but when trying to select another Pokémon, every generated Pokémon showed up as assigned to a Ball Capsule. I tried selecting a different Ball Capsule and assigning a different Pokémon, but they were all assigned to the newly selected Capsule.

I attached 2 of the Pokémon files from the group of 'mons that I made. Does anything look off with them, or is this an issue with creating Pokémon for BDSP?

If the need arises I can also attach the save file I edited for Shining Pearl (though all I did was create Pokémon, I touched no other parameters.)

398 - Starbound - 10F61BE5A2CE.pb8 391 - Firemonkey - F5F91BE5A2CE.pb8

7 hours ago, Snyphlosion said:

Earlier today I created some Pokémon using PKHex, all legal, different PIDs, and then brought them into Shining Pearl without issue. I traded them over to Brilliant Diamond, also seemingly without issue.

I then tried to assign one of the Pokémon to a Ball Capsule and observed an issue. After slotting in the Pokémon, every single Pokémon that was created with PKHex was slotted into that same ball. Only one sprite appeared (not the one I selected to slot in place) on the Ball Capsule screen, but when trying to select another Pokémon, every generated Pokémon showed up as assigned to a Ball Capsule. I tried selecting a different Ball Capsule and assigning a different Pokémon, but they were all assigned to the newly selected Capsule.

I attached 2 of the Pokémon files from the group of 'mons that I made. Does anything look off with them, or is this an issue with creating Pokémon for BDSP?

If the need arises I can also attach the save file I edited for Shining Pearl (though all I did was create Pokémon, I touched no other parameters.)

398 - Starbound - 10F61BE5A2CE.pb8 344 B · 16 downloads 391 - Firemonkey - F5F91BE5A2CE.pb8 344 B · 11 downloads

They have the same Encryption Constant (last page) - which actually has interesting implications for Pokemon transferred from Gens 3/4/5, as their Encryption Constants are the same as their PIDs, which means if you send up two clones of the same 'mon, you'll be able to replicate this and have a ball capsule registered to more than 1 Pokemon.

Edited by english09
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, english09 said:

They have the same Encryption Constant (last page) - which actually has interesting implications for Pokemon transferred from Gens 3/4/5, as their Encryption Constants are the same as their PIDs, which means if you send up two clones of the same 'mon, you'll be able to replicate this and have a ball capsule registered to more than 1 Pokemon.

Oh, whoops, I suppose I missed the Encryption Constant! Yeah, changing all those fixed the issue, many thanks! 😄

• Like 1

13 hours ago, english09 said:

Would this have happened with two old (Gen 4) Pokémon with the same PID but otherwise different? Say, two RNGd Pokémon with the same PID for IV/Nature purposes. I imagine it would be so, from the example at hand, but maybe this should actually be tested

Edited by Shady Guy Jose
typo

17 hours ago, Shady Guy Jose said:

Would this have happened with two old (Gen 4) Pokémon with the same PID but otherwise different? Say, two RNGd Pokémon with the same PID for IV/Nature purposes. I imagine it would be so, from the example at hand, but maybe this should actually be tested

I want to say the Gen 4 ball capsules were tied to the party member slot instead of being assigned an Encryption Constant to apply their effects to.

4 hours ago, english09 said:

I want to say the Gen 4 ball capsules were tied to the party member slot instead of being assigned an Encryption Constant to apply their effects to.

I mean with old Pokémon once they're able to be transferred to BDSP (they likely will when HOME support comes, even if only Pokémon up to Arceus, according to what we got from datamining).

(just saw that)* someone solved this but I had this issue and it was solved for me by rerolling encryption constant @Kaphotics 
I'm not sure how that works (encryption constant) I'll read up on it. Anyways in my case they were pokemon from in-game, my ball capsule issue was unrelated to Pkhex but was solved by it. 

Edited by lattechan

On 11/26/2021 at 10:47 AM, lattechan said:

(just saw that)* someone solved this but I had this issue and it was solved for me by rerolling encryption constant @Kaphotics 
I'm not sure how that works (encryption constant) I'll read up on it. Anyways in my case they were pokemon from in-game, my ball capsule issue was unrelated to Pkhex but was solved by it. 

Encryption constant is used to encrypt/decrypt a Pokémon file in-game, but it is also in effect just another identifying aspect of an individual Pokemon (which is perhaps partially why for BDSP, they decided to use a Pokémon's encryption constant as its identifying variable for Ball Capsule assignment).

Edited by english09
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, english09 said:

Encryption constant is used to encrypt/decrypt a Pokémon file in-game, but it is also in effect just another identifying aspect of an individual Pokemon (which is perhaps partially why for BDSP, they decided to use a Pokémon's encryption constant as its identifying variable for Ball Capsule assignment).

Thank you, that makes sense. 

I don't have the pokemon as a file anymore unfortunately, but I did notice the one that was  "broken" had the same PID and Encryption Constant. I've never seen this in my life before and only on that one that was broken, maybe it's related? 
I did try forcing another to have the same to test it but I wasn't able to get it to break again although I only tried one time (copying PID to constant box) 

Edited by lattechan
words are hard