Shiny locked Pokémon GEN III

Hey there, I am looking for a list of shiny-locked Pokémon for GEN III, could you point me to a reliable source?

Also, could you tell me whether starters can be shiny or not in GEN III? (Several generations later, I don’t recall if this was possible or not).

In case you are curious, I found (and changed the battery) of a R/S cartridge, and I am having a blast playing it.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Hide said:

Hey there, I am looking for a list of shiny-locked Pokémon for GEN III, could you point me to a reliable source?

Also, could you tell me whether starters can be shiny or not in GEN III? (Several generations later, I don’t recall if this was possible or not).

In case you are curious, I found (and changed the battery) of a R/S cartridge, and I am having a blast playing it.

Thanks!

In general:
Celebi - Wasn't distributed shiny in Gen 3, neither could it be caught.
Any Shadows in XD.

Any non-event not mentioned here could be encountered shiny.

Using RS as a reference (since you mentioned it), all in-game encounters can be shiny, even the Ralts that Wally encounters.

6 hours ago, Hide said:

Can you have shiny starters too? I had the idea that wasn't possible, but some videos claim it's possible.

Yeah, you might be thinking about newer games, where some newer games place restrictions on starters and others don’t. 

You gotta remember the shiny lock mechanism in main series handheld console games itself didn’t really exist or functional until Gen 5.

• Like 1