Possibly Adding Support to Romhacks?

NerdsRUS

So i am playing Victory Fire which is an awesome game so far and me being a scummy cheater wants to well edit a few things. Like max IVs etc etc. However it well doesnt work and i can see why as this is a Rom Hack of Emerald and it has some Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon. Was wondering if there would be a way for the editor to well work on this type of romhack.

PKHeX is open source. ROM Hack creators can change the source code to support whatever hack they like.

Not only are there many ROM Hacks, but there are many ways in which the hacks change the game which is inconsistent with mainline logic. PKHeX will never support ROM Hacks; any observed support is just a coincidence that the hack didn't change enough from the vanilla game to break the program.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NerdsRUS said:

So i am playing Victory Fire which is an awesome game so far and me being a scummy cheater wants to well edit a few things. Like max IVs etc etc. However it well doesnt work and i can see why as this is a Rom Hack of Emerald and it has some Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon. Was wondering if there would be a way for the editor to well work on this type of romhack.

If the save loads in PKHeX, it happens to appear supported. There’s still a chance something breaks after the edit. Do know that every ROM hack maker might do/require something unique that the base games don’t. 

Unofficial games won’t be supported. (If it happens to load, it just means the hack is close enough to the original). For PKHeX to support unofficial games, it’ll require a 3rd party forking PKHeX and making their own modifications.

still I think it is worth a try.

• Like 1