Is there any way PKHex can do for Gen 7 Ultra Wormhole?

PKHex_User

2 hours ago, PKHex_User said:

Keep travelling through wormholes but encounter only a few legenaries in hours feels not good.

Is there any way we can do to edit the sav or rom to increase the chance to encounter legendaris in wormhole?

You can perform coordinate editing:

On 12/21/2018 at 7:10 PM, theSLAYER said:

I found the offset controlling shininess of non-legends, it's offset 0x4535.
0x00 for non-shiny, 0x01 for shiny. (Changing that made my shiny Barbaracle into standard Barbaracle)

This table will document the various values, as I move along.

old words:

Hide contents

I'm researching where Wormhole Encounters are stored on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon saves.

To explain: when you enter a non-legendary wormhole, that data of the creature you're going to encounter is stored somewhere on the save.
While the other encounter details are random, the species and shininess is already determined the moment you enter the wormhole.

Based on my findings, the data seems to be between offset 0x0 to offset 0x507FF.
(I basically pasted half of another save into my testing save, and found the half that controls it).

I intend to further narrow it down, to determine which block controls the encounter.

edit: It appears that the control for this encounter, may be stored in two separate blocks.
I further halved, copying 0x00 to 0x44FF from a standard Barbaracle save into a shiny Lombre save,
and it resulted in some kind of hybrid, where I encountered a shiny Barbaracle. Curious indeed.

edit yet again: The area that controls the species, appears to be the event const area according to PKHeX.
The offsets are 0x1C00 to 0x29FF. Going to compare event data using PKHeX to see if anything jumps out.

It's safe to say that WHEN you're in the correct wormhole, UnSet one of 0011 to 0015, and Set the other 4,
and have constant 851 store the value that matches the unset event flag you chosen
(0011 - 38, 0012 - 39, 0013 - 40, 0014 - 41, 0015 - 42).

There are some limitations; I think you'll need to be in a cave before you attempt to teleport to a different spot. It might work best if you save in a random ultra wormhole spot before attempting to teleport.

Make sure you keep a safe backup of the unedited save.

55 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You can perform coordinate editing:

There are some limitations; I think you'll need to be in a cave before you attempt to teleport to a different spot. It might work best if you save in a random ultra wormhole spot before attempting to teleport.

Make sure you keep a safe backup of the unedited save.

Cool. Which area I should edit? the OVERWORLD in block data? but what does the R stands for in this section?

image.png.ac9d394ea84a98cbf16acb3e6ca9af54.png

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

it seems the contrary. I saved out of the ultra wormhole and teleport works fine, while if i save in a wormhole, the screen turns black.

Another quesiton: how do we manipulate the species, or just keeps reload until legendry appears?

1 minute ago, PKHex_User said:

it seems the contrary. I saved out of the ultra wormhole and teleport works fine, while if i save in a wormhole, the screen turns black.

Another quesiton: how do we manipulate the species, or just keeps reload until legendry appears?

The flags portion of the excel sheet. Event flags. Set or unset them.

image.png

25 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

The flags portion of the excel sheet. Event flags. Set or unset them.

image.png

I don't get it. No matter I check or uncheck flag bock with their species number, it will cause the black screen. And in the un-edited sav version, for those I haven't captured, some are already check while some not.

10 minutes ago, PKHex_User said:

I don't get it. No matter I check or uncheck flag bock with their species number, it will cause the black screen. And in the un-edited sav version, for those I haven't captured, some are already check while some not.

So let's say you want Ho-Oh for example.
image.png

1. Make sure the coordinates are for the Red Wormhole
2. Make sure you unset Flag 4 (not the species number. Literally flag number 4)
3. Make sure you set the other numbers 1 through 15, except 4.

If you're still having difficulties, I don't how else to explain it. :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

So let's say you want Ho-Oh for example.
image.png

1. Make sure the coordinates are for the Red Wormhole
2. Make sure you unset Flag 4 (not the species number. Literally flag number 4)
3. Make sure you set the other numbers 1 through 15, except 4.

If you're still having difficulties, I don't how else to explain it. :(

Well, yeah, this time works.

So the key is its not only set or unset the particular one we want, but also do the opposite for the rest

thanks

• Like 1

• 5 months later...