Pokemon Go legality Issues. Help would be appreciated.

Charblee

Hi everyone,

I'm a little new to this, so I might use some incorrect terms, and for that, I apologize. I am using the .pk8 files uploaded by theSLAYER for Pokemon Go Transfers. 

I was trying to edit the save of a Shiny Groudon. I changed was OT, I wanted it to say my name. It was still legal. However, when I change the ball type to Premier ball, it becomes illegal and says "Invalid: Unable to match encounter from Origin Game". 

The problem is that you shouldn't have been able to get a Shiny Groudon from Pokemon Go in anything other than a Premier ball, so why is it only legal with other balls? 

Thank you for the help. I have attached a few screenshots. 

premier ball.png

ultra ball.png

@Charblee It is one of two things:

1) For that date, you can only get Groudon via Research, not via raid, hence why you couldn't change the ball.
2) Met level is below 20. Raid Pokémon have a minimum of Met Level 20 when transferred.

[Note: I'm not checking the date against known dates, so I'm just listing it as a possible issue]

If you wanna change the ball to Premier Ball, change the date to a period where it could be found shiny in raids. Also make sure the Met Level is at minimum 20.

@theSLAYER 

Sorry for bothering you… there’s one more question I have. I noticed that when checking in Pokémon Home, the Pokémon that I actually caught in Pokémon Go show that in a separate section, but these Pokémon do not, did I do something wrong? 

I’ve attached screenshots. 

8B9948DE-F2F0-4C66-B545-F5BD468849CA.jpeg

CE382DFB-A3A0-4541-BCBD-D3AED2751498.png

4 hours ago, Charblee said:

@theSLAYER 

Sorry for bothering you… there’s one more question I have. I noticed that when checking in Pokémon Home, the Pokémon that I actually caught in Pokémon Go show that in a separate section, but these Pokémon do not, did I do something wrong? 

I’ve attached screenshots. 

8B9948DE-F2F0-4C66-B545-F5BD468849CA.jpeg

CE382DFB-A3A0-4541-BCBD-D3AED2751498.png

That information isn't stored on PK8. It's on HOME tracker ID. The mons you injected do not have a "GO Transferred HOME tracker ID".
If I'm not mistaken, once the mon is traded or transferred away, it would lose the original GO trainer details anyway.

Also, to add on, once it is transferred out to SWSH, it loses the GO symbol. (at where the arrow is located; that info too is held by HOME tracker, not on the pk8)
image.png

Why don't you try trading for a mon obtained from GO on the GTS, see if the GO trainer name shows up? ;3

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

That information isn't stored on PK8. It's on HOME tracker ID. The mons you injected do not have a "GO Transferred HOME tracker ID".
If I'm not mistaken, once the mon is traded or transferred away, it would lose the original GO trainer details anyway.

Also, to add on, once it is transferred out to SWSH, it loses the GO symbol. (at where the arrow is located; that info too is held by HOME tracker, not on the pk8)
image.png

Why don't you try trading for a mon obtained from GO on the GTS, see if the GO trainer name shows up? ;3

Is the Home Tracker ID fixed? Meaning: ALL pokemon that I transfer from Go -> Home will have the same tracker ID? I asked this because I transfered a Goldeen from Go -> Home, from Home -> Shield, then I traded it to a Sysbot that gave me the pk8 file for the Goldeen, and in it, I see the Home Tracker ID. 

If it is constant, then couldn't I take the Home tracker ID from the Goldeen file and put it on whatever Pokemon I wish? 

Thanks for all your help.