~ Are you going to use the Pokéwalker. ~

Shining Mew2

Are you gonna use the Pokéwalker?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Are you gonna use the Pokéwalker?

• Yeah, probably all the time.
    • Yeah but probably sometimes beacuse I am sometimes busy.
    • Umm... I haven't decidet yet...
    • No not at all...

Ill be using it for sure! I work in a grocery store so I do a lot of running around. Ill bring my DS with me so every time I get a break Ill reimport. Easy way to level when you cant play the game. Ill have to hide the Poke-walker though because it isn't exactly dress code. :/

You can fit it in your pocket. That's what I'm going to do.

Why waste my time shaking a little orb when I can just play the game? From the way it looks, it looks time consuming to transfer Pokémon back and forth. I'll probably do it once to try it; however, training in-game is much faster and less time consuming. It's just another one of Nintendo's tricks to get their gamers physically active. I'll stick to my game carts, thanks. The fact you can catch Pokémon and stuff is a nice touch, but all the good Pokémon I honestly want are in event-only Walker areas. This means I'll still use it, but after I get the Pokémon I want, back in the box it goes. ~STBE

Why waste my time shaking a little orb when I can just play the game? From the way it looks, it looks time consuming to transfer Pokémon back and forth. I'll probably do it once to try it; however, training in-game is much faster and less time consuming. It's just another one of Nintendo's tricks to get their gamers physically active. I'll stick to my game carts, thanks. The fact you can catch Pokémon and stuff is a nice touch, but all the good Pokémon I honestly want are in event-only Walker areas. This means I'll still use it, but after I get the Pokémon I want, back in the box it goes. ~STBE

Since it's not a clicky tally like the old Pocket Pikachu was, you can't accumulate steps by shaking it. If you mimic the pace of walking, it sort of works, but you actually accumulate steps/watts faster by actually walking. I have no problem getting over 10,000 steps in one day.

The way you describe this sounds like you think the PokeWalker is an alternative to playing your game. And... it's not. It's for when you're ... out.... walking around. It's to level your pokemon up IN ADDITION to leveling them up in game. But you only gain one level per outing. And it takes very little time to transfer pokemon back and forth.

It's also a really handy way to stock up on random items such as useful items that you usually pay for or items that are not normally found in-game.

• 2 weeks later...

Well of corse I'm going to use it, prolly every day, First off, Who doesnt like free items? Second, you can just have it in your pocket, its no big deal to have there, and you unlock things with it in there. and Third, Free pokemon, just spend all your watts at night, before the points reset, and find the one you want.

• 2 months later...
No. It's just I usually never walk unless at school. I suppose I could use it while walking around at school. Playing sports with the Walker might be a bad idea. If you get tackled hard enough or fall, it could break. ~STBE

At least in my experience, it doesn't tend to track sporadic movement that well [i pace alot, and it doesn't tend to detect my pacing as steps unless I am pacing for a while]. I imagine this is partly to keep it from getting false positives. So I wouldn't really be surprised if it didn't play well with sports either.

• 1 month later...

I only used it twice so far. The first time was when I was going in a forest with my friends on vacation. We walked for like 6 hours straight, but somehow the pedometer didn't work and it said I had just 3912 steps... in 6 hours.

The second time was when I forgot I put it in my pocket when I was cleaning my room. So yea, I rarely use it. I will use it to get a few pikachu's from Yellow Forest though.

I seem to only use the Pokewalker from my normal HG game. Haven't used the SS one in a while or the one from my original HG. I have a tendency to only upload from it maybe once or twice a week. The last time I think I loaded about 1100 Watts.

I think I last uploaded last week sometime. Haven't got around to uploading the next lot of Watts yet.