Edit number of times I talked to Scott?

Azazel Ameri

I think I may have forgotten to go talk to Scott once or twice in my Emerald playthrough, and so when I talked to him at the Battle Frontier I got only 2 Battle Points. I've also opened up my save with PKHeX but can't seem to find anything related to him so far

Aside from editing the amount of BPs I have, is there a way I can edit my save to make it seem like I've talked to Scott all 11 times and get the maximum 3 BPs?

Well, the number of times you met Scott is stored in constant 0x40D1 (209 in PKHeX).

You will get the following BP:
const == 13 → 4 BP (can you legitimately get this?)
const >= 9 → 3 BP
const >= 6 → 2 BP
else 1 BP

For reference check this: https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/blob/master/data/maps/BattleFrontier_ScottsHouse/scripts.inc#L169

However the conversations with Scott can still be triggered, there are a bunch of additional flags that get checked after talking to him.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I think research and documentation for this does not exist. Just edit in the BPs.

edit: I stand corrected.

yeah I was wondering about that too, since PKHeX had so many specific flags and constants in it (every single invisible Kecleon for instance) yet nothing Scott-related, which was why I asked since changing the BP count in Misc Edits is so accessible. Glad to see that something like what BlackShark mentioned exists!

55 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

Well, the number of times you met Scott is stored in constant 0x40D1 (209 in PKHeX).

You will get the following BP:
const == 13 → 4 BP (can you legitimately get this?)
const >= 9 → 3 BP
const >= 6 → 2 BP
else 1 BP

For reference check this: https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/blob/master/data/maps/BattleFrontier_ScottsHouse/scripts.inc#L169

However the conversations with Scott can still be triggered, there are a bunch of additional flags that get checked after talking to him.

you're right! I found that constant via the Research tab and edited it; all values checked out even the 13 one lol (Bulbapedia only documents 11 meetings, so I guess the original intention was for 2 more that were eventually scrapped)

thanks a lot, you two!