PKhex eggcycle problems

Jack_North22

Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm having trouble with eggs in my X save file. I'm trying to do an egglocke and I batch edited my eggs so that their hatchcycles are 0. After checking my boxes, only 1 box of eggs hatched instantly, and the rest say that they will take forever to hatch. I tried genning new eggs into box 8, and those ones didn't become instant hatchers either. My Y file works fine, so what's off with this one? I've tried so many things...

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

If I'm not mistaken, the ones in the PC should not be genned to 0, but instead be genned to 1.. It could just be game behavior, not PKHeX behavior...

I'll give this a try when I get home. I tried setting them to 2 once, and only the original box 8 pokemon edited... you might be right with the game behavior. Could also be incompatible or an error in values or coding? Not sure haha. Thank you for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes!

6 minutes ago, Jack_North22 said:

I'll give this a try when I get home. I tried setting them to 2 once, and only the original box 8 pokemon edited... you might be right with the game behavior. Could also be incompatible or an error in values or coding? Not sure haha. Thank you for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes!

One thing you could try, is have 2 eggs in your party with 0 as hatch counter, then take 1 step, and only one should hatch, then immediately shift the 2nd (unhatched 0 hatch cycle) egg into the PC, then save the game, export the save, and see what value it is in PKHeX.

35 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

One thing you could try, is have 2 eggs in your party with 0 as hatch counter, then take 1 step, and only one should hatch, then immediately shift the 2nd (unhatched 0 hatch cycle) egg into the PC, then save the game, export the save, and see what value it is in PKHeX.

Sounds like another idea I should try! I don't think I've ever done that! I've tried checking back into pkhex after seeing the egg watch say it will take ages to no avail, so maybe this will change things :)

I'm excited for the end of the day now 😆

• Like 1