Gen 2 ( & 1 on PKHeX) - Shinies and Females with Max DVs?

Hi everyone!

I'm on a special project of creating all pokémons and their variations (Male-Normal, Male-Shiny, Female-Normal and Female-Shiny) with their "best" builds (done by me) and maximum stats on all generations (and saving them all in individual files), and after being done with Gen 3, 4 and 5 with PKHeX, I'm now working in Gen 1 and 2.

I don't really care about legality since their purpose is for just some "casual" fun with friends, not online nor anything else, I'll be lending my games for them, so they'll also be into it fully aware.

Introductions done with, I have run into quite a problem with both Gen 2 and 1. As you all can already tell, I have not yet found any way to have shinies and females (and female shinies for that matter) with maximum DVs like their normal-males counterparts.

I know that using the illigal mode on PKHeX allows me to directly edit their stats, but this only works if you keep the pokémon in the party, if you put in the box it will reset to the expected result of DV and EV. Not only that but PKHeX (or any other save editor which I know of, such as Pikasav) does not allow me to make a Female-shiny variation of pokémons such as the Starters or Eevee because o their gender disposition.

I really would love, with all my heart and soul, to have all variations of every pokémon in these generations just like I did with Gen 3~5. So I come here in all humbleness, to request for any help necessary to fulfill this dream of mine, pokémon legality is no issue for me, as long as this can be achieved.

Thank you all for your attention :)

Note: Before anyone asks, the "Male-Normal, Male-Shiny, Female-Normal and Female-Shiny" part only applies for pokémon that have such variations. Of course, pokémons that are exclusively single-gendered or genderless such as Tauros, Jinx and Mewtwo only have the Normal and Shiny variations, the four variations are only to be considered for those that do have, such as the starters.

Additionally, I know that Gender and Shiny are a thing only brought in Gen 2, however, since both Gen 1 and 2 use the same system, PKHeX acknowleges these things in a Gen 1 file, and are acknowleged in a trade from a Gen 1 game to a Gen 2 game, I would like to also try to do that with Gen 1, but I guess it's really inconsequential in Gen 1. Nonetheless, I suposse this only really matters for Gen 2, so I won't shed a tear if I can't do this in Gen 1.

1 minute ago, Poke J said:

@Halier Lockehartwithout making some sort of ROM hack so that the Pokémon appears shiny on your end what you are wanting is just impossible. As you referred to in your original post you understand why they can’t be shiny so I don’t need to go into details why, but it is just impossible to get those Pokémon in gens 1 and 2.

But then, even if I get a ROM hack for that, that effect will only go for that hack, I won't be able to port that pokémon to the legitmate game and keep the effect, right?

11 minutes ago, Halier Lockehart said:

But then, even if I get a ROM hack for that, that effect will only go for that hack, I won't be able to port that pokémon to the legitmate game and keep the effect, right?

That is correct it will only appear shiny in that version of the game. It’s just unfortunate that what you want cannot exist in any manner without editing the ROM.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Poke J said:

That is correct it will only appear shiny in that version of the game. It’s just unfortunate that what you want cannot exist in any manner without editing the ROM.

Oh well... Guess some things are forever out of our reach for us humans... I just wanted the best for my female Feraligtr that followed me ever since I was 6... And also save all pokémons in those variations in files to keep to customize any save, but more importantly the Feraligatr that was always there for me and made Whitney a walk in the park.

But now I really am curious about the inner workings of the Gen 2 games, because I'm pretty sure there's no in-game legality check, but is there really an in-game correction to make any pokémon with max DVs a Normal-Male?

Either way, thank you for the help!

Edited by Halier Lockehart

9 minutes ago, Halier Lockehart said:

Oh well... Guess some things are forever out of our reach for us humans... I just wanted the best for my female Feraligtr that followed me ever since I was 6... And also save all pokémons in those variations in files to keep to customize any save, but more importantly the Feraligatr that was always there for me and made Whitney a walk in the park.

But now I really am curious about the inner workings of the Gen 2 games, because I'm pretty sure there's no in-game legality check, but is there really an in-game correction to make any pokémon with max DVs a Normal-Male?

Either way, thank you for the help!

There is no in game legality check, but since there isn’t simply a byte that gets set for a Pokémon to be shiny the games calculates if the Pokémon is shiny and in this case gender. That’s because it’s all tied to DVs and only certain DV combinations will result in a shiny so it’s still impossible to have a perfect shiny Pokémon.

• Like 1

Just in case @Halier Lockehart doesn't really understand the system:

• The Attack DV sets the gender. Higher means male and lower means female. The threshold varies with the gender ratio of the species. The only female Pokémon that can have max Attack are female-only species.
  • Certain DV combinations make the Pokémon shiny, and 15/15/15/15 is not one of them, so shiny Pokémon can never have max stats in Gen 2.