Using a Japanese Red Genesect Wonder Card on an American game cart rhough PKHeX

cheshireLight

I plan to hack my 3s within the next month or so. One of my favorite event pokemon in the Red Genesect, but there was never an american distibution for it. What will happen if I use the japanese wonder card to try and add it to an american game through PKHeX? For that matter, what about the Bolt Strike/Blue Flare Victini or the V-Create Rayquaza?

Sorry if this is a super obvious question, I genuinely have no idea how this stuff works lmao

22 minutes ago, cheshireLight said:

I plan to hack my 3s within the next month or so. One of my favorite event pokemon in the Red Genesect, but there was never an american distibution for it. What will happen if I use the japanese wonder card to try and add it to an american game through PKHeX? For that matter, what about the Bolt Strike/Blue Flare Victini or the V-Create Rayquaza?

Sorry if this is a super obvious question, I genuinely have no idea how this stuff works lmao

You can inject it, and be able to redeem it in game. But the resultant mon won't be legal.

The games themselves don't restrict what wonder cards can be injected.
The restriction was set on the distribution device, so in reality an English cart would not be able to receive a Japanese Red Genesect legitimately.

Long story short, if there's no distribution for the language you intend to import the wonder card into, the mons won't be legal. It *can* be done (the game won't crash), but since it's a scenario that legitimately cannot happen, it is obvious that the user did some form of hacking on their end.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You can inject it, and be able to redeem it in game. But the resultant mon won't be legal.

By legal, do you mean like, by a technicality, or "the game knows this pokemon shouldn't exist in this state and doesn't let it into bank/home?" If it's the latter, would just injecting an otherwise identical copy bypass this?

1 minute ago, cheshireLight said:

By legal, do you mean like, by a technicality, or "the game knows this pokemon shouldn't exist in this state and doesn't let it into bank/home?" If it's the latter, would just injecting an otherwise identical copy bypass this?

Bank/HOME/the game doesn't have this kind of legality checks, but anyone with eyes can tell it is hacked.

22 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Bank/HOME/the game doesn't have this kind of legality checks, but anyone with eyes can tell it is hacked.

I see. That doesn't seem like that much more of a distinction than DNS exploit gifts imo, but if the game says it's fine I don't really care lmao. I just knew bank flagged the Hall of Origin Arceus and wondered if it would do a similar thing here.

Just now, cheshireLight said:

I see. That doesn't seem like that much more of a distinction than DNS exploit gifts imo, but if the game says it's fine I don't really care lmao. I just knew bank flagged the Hall of Origin Arceus and wondered if it would do a similar thing here.

That is because Bank specifically block Arceus of non-Diamond origin, if I'm not mistaken.
The Mystery Gift Arceus had a preset game of origin being Diamond, and any other Arceus that is non-Diamond means hacked.

Anyhow Bank/HOME doesn't have such checks now, but that could change.

Just now, theSLAYER said:

That is because Bank specifically block Arceus of non-Diamond origin, if I'm not mistaken.
The Mystery Gift Arceus had a preset game of origin being Diamond, and any other Arceus that is non-Diamond means hacked.

Anyhow Bank/HOME doesn't have such checks now, but that could change.

That's really interesting, huh. Does that mean Hall of Origin Arceus from Diamond are allowed through? There's probably another check for ribbons, though. Either way, good to know it's not really a problem. Most PKHeX pokemon are more legit than stuff on wonder trade these days anyway lmao

Just now, cheshireLight said:

That's really interesting, huh. Does that mean Hall of Origin Arceus from Diamond are allowed through? There's probably another check for ribbons, though. Either way, good to know it's not really a problem. Most PKHeX pokemon are more legit than stuff on wonder trade these days anyway lmao

From what I recall it needs to be lv 100 from Diamond. They didn't bother to check fateful encounter flag or cherish ball. But yeah, a human can take a glance and notice it's hacked.

Anyhow, that is old info, and it may have changed since. I won't recommend bringing illegal mons through Bank/HOME.

yes i tried it once, have a pokemon platinum card and injected the flute item got a shiny Arceus from Hall of Origin leveled it to 100, then sent it to pokebank, later to HOME when the bank/HOME connection released and nothing happened.

i was little scared about the thing because many people was sending shiny locked mythicals and they got bad eggs, so later i decided to delete it, instead i sent my GTS Arceus from my old pokemon White card.