Save help

justjake

Looking for a little save file help here if possible please. I have Pokemon Y, Alpha Saphire and Sun, dumped them all to my system after succesfully exporting the saves (checked in Citra and PKHeX).

Using Checkpoint, I have suceeded importing my save to Pokemon Sun, it boots up into the save as expected, great.

I have had issue with Alpha and Y. For starters to even see the apps in Checkpoint I have to browse to extdata to see Y and Saphire. After booting after restoring my save I get:

"The data in the SD Card is corrupted.

Press the A Button to initialize the data"

I press A and my save is wiped and I start afresh.

This has happened several times.

I later explored my save data directory and found this:explorer_0C74fz9KJy.png.c0e2fbece38c9019ba84d7026a5c0fa5.png

"extdata" is where I have to put my "main" save files for Y and Saphire for Checkpoint to recognize it.

The save I went to import is like (hidden files should be showing):

explorer_fYeNZylW5v.png.2e20897a85ec0b67c9b5555976a772bd.png

Which is to be expected. Though the initial new save I made after locally installing looks like this:

explorer_fOiT4jhPVo.png.87b5e598040be392d28630e5fcdbd990.png

I have double checked my save file in Citra, it boots fine, what could I be missing? This happens in both Saphire and Y, but Sun works fine (and isn't in extdata)?!!?

• theSLAYER changed the title to Save help

@justjake I split out your post from the thread, as that thread is not meant to deal with help questions.

can you include a screenshot of your Citra's save folder for Alpha and Y?

I don't see how the extdata explainer and whatever matters. For starters, let's not over complicate things.
All you gotta do is place your main into the Citra Save folder. I don't see that in any of the images.

20 minutes ago, justjake said:

Thank you, understood.

Alpha Citra save folder:

explorer_zKHjShm2cr.png.0a24728db6a618df7f2ce1de63545c05.png

....aaannnd the Y folder:

explorer_7XJmxjizPE.png.8142ffa33e579a37fb5b9abcc8c8ff12.png

And I'm assuming launch the game in Citra still throws the "SD system corrupted" message?

If so, can you try these steps and get back to me?
https://citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-extra-data-from-a-3ds-console/

(You already have your extdata, so just place them in the directory as specified. I'm kinda on the fence that it is due to lack of extdata but whatevs. Let's throw everything we got on the wall).

An alternative would be to ensure the extdata folders for those games in Citra is empty.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

And I'm assuming launch the game in Citra still throws the "SD system corrupted" message?

If so, can you try these steps and get back to me?
https://citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-extra-data-from-a-3ds-console/

(You already have your extdata, so just place them in the directory as specified. I'm kinda on the fence that it is due to lack of extdata but whatevs. Let's throw everything we got on the wall).

An alternative would be to ensure the extdata folders for those games in Citra is empty.

The games launch fine in Citra, no error message.

13 minutes ago, justjake said:

I'm on about on my 3DS, save file works fine in Citra, not on 3DS.

Wait what. So it's about your 3DS not booting the save, not Citra. My bad.

Okay, show me a screenshot of the folder (that Checkpoint restores from) that contains main, for Y, and for Alpha.

Also, for the record, a screenshot from your first post shows Y's main in extdata folder. That is not correct.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Wait what. So it's about your 3DS not booting the save, not Citra. My bad.

Okay, show me a screenshot of the folder (that Checkpoint restores from) that contains main, for Y, and for Alpha.

Also, for the record, a screenshot from your first post shows Y's main in extdata folder. That is not correct.

That's the awkward bit....Checkpoint on the console, doesn't see Y or Alpha appart from in extdata, which is also where I have to restore saves from off the sd card.

As you can see, after booting Checkpoint, I have to go to extdata:

53 minutes ago, justjake said:

That's the awkward bit....Checkpoint on the console, doesn't see Y or Alpha appart from in extdata, which is also where I have to restore saves from off the sd card.

As you can see, after booting Checkpoint, I have to go to extdata:

Reinstall Checkpoint. You need to be able to see the titles in the squares at the top screen for non-extdata.

If Checkpoint continues to be stubborn, use JKSV instead.

22 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Reinstall Checkpoint. You need to be able to see the titles in the squares at the top screen for non-extdata.

If Checkpoint continues to be stubborn, use JKSV instead.

Reinstalling Checkpoint worked and resolved all of my issues, thank you so much!

• Like 1