Jump to content

Save file corrupted (pokemon romhack sors)


Voxel
 Share

Recommended Posts

The game is Pokémon SORS, a rom hack based on fire red. 

Briefly explain what happened: 

I accidently added 50 master ball into my bag without noticing. (via a cheat software) 

After 2 days of playing, I noticed that these 50 master balls were storied in HM/TM case, instead of balls' bag. 

Now every time I use a TM, the game is gonna crash. 

I tried to use A-Save and PKXDelta to remove the item but then the game would say this save file is corrupted and force to restart a new run. 

If i use PKHeX to fix the checksums, the game still says the save file is corrupted but it will run the backup save. 

Can anyone help me with my save file? I have no idea what to do about it, I even tried to edit it with a Hex editor

1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).sav

↑ Here is my save file after i tried to fix with PKXDelta. 

 

1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).sav

↑ This is the game save file without me doing anything to it. 

 

I have no experience on editing pokemon's save file, so im assuming that the rom hack changed the block structure of the backpack, and changed the memory location for ball bag into the HM case. So the only thing I needed to fix this problem is to remove the item I added to this block, but I have no idea how to locate this part in a hex editor

Edited by Voxel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Voxel said:

The game is Pokémon SORS, a rom hack based on fire red. 

Briefly explain what happened: 

I accidently added 50 master ball into my bag without noticing. (via a cheat software) 

After 2 days of playing, I noticed that these 50 master balls were storied in HM/TM case, instead of balls' bag. 

Now every time I use a TM, the game is gonna crash. 

I tried to use A-Save and PKXDelta to remove the item but then the game would say this save file is corrupted and force to restart a new run. 

If i use PKHeX to fix the checksums, the game still says the save file is corrupted but it will run the backup save. 

Can anyone help me with my save file? I have no idea what to do about it, I even tried to edit it with a Hex editor

1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).sav 128 kB · 0 downloads

↑ Here is my save file after i tried to fix with PKXDelta. 

 

1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).sav 128 kB · 0 downloads

↑ This is the game save file without me doing anything to it. 

Some ROM hacks shift content of the save slightly, and that results in the save not being able to be used by sav hacking program.
Most, if not all, save hacking programs only support official saves.

Here's an example of using your unedited save with PKHeX
image.png


This does not look normal.
(edit: I hope you didn't upload the wrong save under the wrong title. Besides the invalid box data, PKHeX is showing this unedited save to have invalid checksums over various blocks too)
 

As such, I would advise you to not use any save editing programs and expect it to work.
 

You could either:
1) Manually calculate the checksum of the parts, or
2) Use a cheat code to wipe your TM bag, or
3) Restart your game, and not activate too many cheats at one go in your new playthrough, or
4) Learn to live with it. Trade your mons to another save, where you can use TMs on it, then trade it back.

(I'm under the impression you activated too many cheats at one time. I once did that and have Balls in my Key Items, so I would know.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Some ROM hacks shift content of the save slightly, and that results in the save not being able to be used by sav hacking program.

Here's an example of using the unedited save with PKHeX
image.png


This does not look normal.
 

As such, I would advise you to not use any save editing programs and expect it to work.
 

You could either:
1) Manually calculate the checksum of the parts, or
2) Use a cheat code to wipe your TM bag.
3) Restart your game, and not activate too many cheats at one go.
(I'm under the impression you activated too many cheats at one time. I once did that and have Balls in my Key Items, so I would know.)

Do you know any gameshark code to wipe TM bag? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Voxel said:

Do you know any gameshark code to wipe TM bag? 


No, you probably have to google that yourself. BTW, are you unable to sell Master Balls from the TM case? I could sell TMs from the TM case.

edit: just found this on google:
https://www.supercheats.com/gameboyadvance/questions/pokemonfirered/363136/my-bag-is-full-of-hms-and-tms.htm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:


No, you probably have to google that yourself. BTW, are you unable to sell Master Balls from the TM case? I could sell TMs from the TM case.

edit: just found this on google:
https://www.supercheats.com/gameboyadvance/questions/pokemonfirered/363136/my-bag-is-full-of-hms-and-tms.htm

I cant, even with the cheat code that allows me to sell all the key items. 

Rom creator made all the TMs infinity use

 

PS: that cheat code some how didnt remove any TMs but gave me TM1~4

 

Edited by Voxel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Voxel said:

I cant, even with the cheat code that allows me to sell all the key items. 

Rom creator made all the TMs infinity use

 

PS: that cheat code some how didnt remove any TMs but gave me TM1~4

 

Read through this post and try the ones here:

https://pokemongamesharkcodes.wordpress.com/fire-red/

My thought process, is to simply use the infinite TM code, and/or the receive all TMs code, and hopefully have it replace the Master Ball.
 

 

it still doesn't work, consider point 1 to 4 I posted in an earlier reply. :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...