Jump to content

Met Locations Missing


AmyJane
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I'm a PKHeX user from many years ago. I have both my really old version (only goes through Sun/Moon) and the newest release. 

Now, I have pokemon I made like a decade ago that have "Cliff Cave" and "Dragon's Den" as their "Met" location, This is in SoulSilver btw.

I loaded up PKHeX today and looked but neither of those locations appear on the list of possible met locations. There appears to be a lot of routes missing too, just on cursory inspection.

 

Am I doing something wrong? Why are these missing?

 

Thanks.

Edited by AmyJane
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AmyJane said:

Hi there,

I'm a PKHeX user from many years ago. I have both my really old version (only goes through Sun/Moon) and the newest release. 

Now, I have pokemon I made like a decade ago that have "Cliff Cave" and "Dragon's Den" as their "Met" location, This is in SoulSilver btw.

I loaded up PKHeX today and looked but neither of those locations appear on the list of possible met locations. There appears to be a lot of routes missing too, just on cursory inspection.

 

Am I doing something wrong? Why are these missing?

 

Thanks.

Met location gets wiped when transferred across Pokemon Transporter.
It's met location would get updated to Pokemon Transporter.

This is normal game behavior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, I'm kinda behind the times here, so pardon my ignorance, but huh?

What even is Pokemon Transporter?

I'm just talking about placing a pokemon directly into the box (Bill's PC) no trading or anything.

I use PKHeX to pretend I caught ideal pokemon. I catch a Pokemon in the game, then use PKHeX to make one with the same met location, ball I used, date, etc. So, if I catch a Misdreavus in Cliff Cave, I don't see how it would end up with Pokemon Transporter as it's met location. It would just have Cliff Cave, where it was caught.

 

Does this make sense, or am I just being more confusing? In a nutshell, I don't use PKHeX to give myself god tier hacked creatures. I play through the game legitimately, and when I catch a favorite pokemon of mine I make an "ideal" replacement and replace the one I caught legitimately with the ideal one. Then I train it up as usual. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, AmyJane said:

Ok, I'm kinda behind the times here, so pardon my ignorance, but huh?

What even is Pokemon Transporter?

I'm just talking about placing a pokemon directly into the box (Bill's PC) no trading or anything.

I use PKHeX to pretend I caught ideal pokemon. I catch a Pokemon in the game, then use PKHeX to make one with the same met location, ball I used, date, etc. So, if I catch a Misdreavus in Cliff Cave, I don't see how it would end up with Pokemon Transporter as it's met location. It would just have Cliff Cave, where it was caught.

 

Does this make sense, or am I just being more confusing? In a nutshell, I don't use PKHeX to give myself god tier hacked creatures. I play through the game legitimately, and when I catch a favorite pokemon of mine I make an "ideal" replacement and replace the one I caught legitimately with the ideal one. Then I train it up as usual. 

If your mon was captured in SS, and you are viewing it in S/M, then it's obvious "you transferred it up".

In all games, locations from lower generation is not displayed in-game.
In some cases, the data is retained (even when it is not visible in-game). However certain transfers wipe that unused data. Pokemon Transporter is one of them. Pokemon Transporter is how you transfer mons from Gen 5 into Gen 6 (moved into Bank).

If you transferred via PKHeX, well, PKHeX emulates that behaviour.
If you transferred via retail games (in real life), well, that is *how* the game behaves.

So you now understand how a mon that was caught in Gen 4, don't retain it's met location in Gen 7?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, I see where the misunderstanding is. 

I'm not playing Moon version or transferring/putting pokemon into Moon.

I am capturing/viewing them in SoulSilver only.

And I have SoulSilver selected as the game version, so I thought the location list would show the locations available in SoulSilver.

Edited by AmyJane
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AmyJane said:

Ok, I see where the misunderstanding is. 

I'm not playing Moon version or transferring/putting pokemon into Moon.

I'm putting them into SoulSilver.

ah okay. you mentioned SM then went on to talk about HGSS. It led me to believe the location doesn't appear cause you transferred up.

So, just to focus on your original question:
 

Quote

I have pokemon I made like a decade ago that have "Cliff Cave" and "Dragon's Den" as their "Met" location
...
but neither of those locations appear on the list of possible met locations. There appears to be a lot of routes missing too, just on cursory inspection.

Could you upload both the Pokémon.

Can't exactly double check the encounter details, if I don't even know what mons you're referring to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AmyJane said:

example.jpg

1. It doesn't look like you're on the latest version.
2. Your blank save is in Sun/Moon. You're viewing a mon in a Gen 7 save.
Remember how I said Gen 4 Met Location's aren't in Gen 7?
Your default/blank save is Gen 7. Refer back to my previous explanation.
image.png

If you drag a gen 4 pkm file into a Gen 7 save, PKHeX emulates the transfer process.

Load a Gen 4 save. Then drag the mon in.

As proof, those locations are in Gen 4.
image.pngimage.png

edit: stop multi-posting please. :3
Just edit any new info into your latest unanswered post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a way to control the default save version so it says gen 4 instead of gen 7?

I think it's defaulting to gen 7 because, as you noticed, this is an older version of PKHeX that only goes through Gen 7, so it assumes you want the most current game it has available.

Sorry if this is annoying. I didn't have to do this in the past. Loading a whole save and everything, I could just make a pokemon in PKHeX and then plug the game cartridge into my adapter thing that plugs into the computer (to get the pokemon on there presumably) and then you'd plug the adapter into the DSi and hit a few buttons and it would make the pokemon appear in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AmyJane said:

Is there a way to control the default save version so it says gen 4 instead of gen 7?

I think it's defaulting to gen 7 because, as you noticed, this is an older version of PKHeX that only goes through Gen 7, so it assumes you want the most current game it has available.

are you unable to use the latest version of PKHeX? if you are able to, use it. Then I'll walk you through how to change the default/blank save.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AmyJane said:

Here's some pictures of my hardware, just to give you an idea.

 

I have the latest version downloaded. I have the latest and that older one that I already showed pictures of.

IMG_9173.JPG

IMG_9174.JPG

IMG_9175.JPG

Untitled.jpg

 


Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't see how the images of your setup helps me.

All I wanted to know is if you are using the latest PKHeX.

Reason is, certain older copies of PKHeX don't allow users to change their blank save. The only way to force a gen is to use a save of that generation.
Also, certain versions that aren't too old, but also not the newest, uses a different UI to change the blank save, as opposed to what I'm about to show.
Hence why I kept asking if you can use the latest version.

Anyhow.

Go to Options  > Settings

image.png

Then the dropdown box to change default game is right there.

image.png


Once you're done, close the settings window, and PKHeX should reload.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AmyJane said:

Sorry, I thought you knew I had the latest version since I mentioned it in the initial post of this topic.

 

Anyway, followed your instructions and everything is appearing properly. Thanks for the help.

Do understand, people tend to use older versions of PKHeX, thinking and claiming to be on the latest.
Your image of PKHeX did prove that to me. It's the images of your setup that confused me.

In any case, glad to hear it is working now :3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, I see. I suppose you are used to coming at it from the perspective of a moderator who is dealing with people who don't know what they're running. And my posts are kind of "stream of consciousness" rather than clear bullet points. Thanks for bearing with me.

I guess I showed you my stuff just cause I was worried that maybe it wasn't compatible with the latest version or something. All the modding I did in the past was with those items and with that old version of PKHeX I showed the picture of initially. I've never tried the latest version. 

I haven't done this in years so I'm kinda nervous. I don't know why.   >.>

So, thanks again. I really appreciate it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AmyJane said:

Ah, I see. I suppose you are used to coming at it from the perspective of a moderator who is dealing with people who don't know what they're running. And my posts are kind of "stream of consciousness" rather than clear bullet points. Thanks for bearing with me.

yeah, I can't really know what people really meant, so gotta try to guess their intentions, while asking a bunch of questions ><

3 minutes ago, AmyJane said:

And my posts are kind of "stream of consciousness" rather than clear bullet points. Thanks for bearing with me.

well, as long as it got to the point and didn't drive either of us crazy, it works :3

3 minutes ago, AmyJane said:

I guess I showed you my stuff just cause I was worried that maybe it wasn't compatible with the latest version or something. All the modding I did in the past was with those items and with that old version of PKHeX I showed the picture of initially. I've never tried the latest version. 

I haven't done this in years so I'm kinda nervous. I don't know why.   >.>

So, thanks again. I really appreciate it.

Well, as long as you dump a proper save, it is supported by PKHeX :3

No worries, glad it all worked out :3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...