Problem with wondercards (Ultra Sun)

Andy_s353

I recently decided to try playing Pokémon Ultra Sun because of a friend.

After playing for a bit I found out that there is a "Dusk" form of Lycanroc (one of my favorite pokémons) so I tried many times to use PKHex to add an own mind rockruff wondercard to my save file, but every single time I open the game it says that the save file is corrupted.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

P.S.: i'm using citra

25 minutes ago, Andy_s353 said:

I recently decided to try playing Pokémon Ultra Sun because of a friend.

After playing for a bit I found out that there is a "Dusk" form of Lycanroc (one of my favorite pokémons) so I tried many times to use PKHex to add an own mind rockruff wondercard to my save file, but every single time I open the game it says that the save file is corrupted.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

P.S.: i'm using citra

Quick question.
1. How are you saving the game on Citra (using state saves?)
2. How are you loading the regular save on Citra (loading state saves?)

PKHeX doesn't have issues with saves from Citra. There have been rare reports of Citra not loading edited saves, tho I'm under the impression the issue is with the directory the player is trying to restore the save into. A lot of Citra problems (when it comes to edited saves) are ultimately issues caused by the user. There's also nothing wrong with the wonder cards.

You could also attach said save file to to your next reply. Do remember to answer my questions too. :3
I can try to troubleshoot with you, and walk you through the various steps, if necessary.

27 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Quick question.
1. How are you saving the game on Citra (using state saves?)
2. How are you loading the regular save on Citra (loading state saves?)

PKHeX doesn't have issues with saves from Citra. There have been rare reports of Citra not loading edited saves, tho I'm under the impression the issue is with the directory the player is trying to restore the save into. A lot of Citra problems (when it comes to edited saves) are ultimately issues caused by the user. There's also nothing wrong with the wonder cards.

You could also attach said save file to to your next reply. Do remember to answer my questions too. :3
I can try to troubleshoot with you, and walk you through the various steps, if necessary.

Thanks for replying!

I usually save by just saving in game so i don't know if there's a specific way to save on citra, and when i load i just open the game and that's it.

I also attached my save file but if you open it youll'just find a level 8 rowlet and a pichu my sister told me to get. (you can probably guess that i havent played that much)

Also thanks again :)

main - Copia

5 minutes ago, Andy_s353 said:

Thanks for replying!

I usually save by just saving in game so i don't know if there's a specific way to save on citra, and when i load i just open the game and that's it.

I also attached my save file but if you open it youll'just find a level 8 rowlet and a pichu my sister told me to get. (you can probably guess that i havent played that much)

Also thanks again :)

main - Copia 435 kB · 0 downloads

Do you mind showing me a screenshot of the save being in your Citra Directory?

(Also, it looks like you sent me the unedited save, cause I don't see a mystery gift. Mind sending the edited one instead?)

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Do you mind showing me a screenshot of the save being in your Citra Directory?

(Also, it looks like you sent me the unedited save, cause I don't see a mystery gift. Mind sending the edited one instead?)

i can't take a screenshot of the file being in the directory but it is there. Also i didn't notice i sent the unedited file, i'll attach the edited one in this reply.

also sorry for replying late, i don't have notifications on.

Edit: i realised that there is probably something wrong with the save file but i can't send a working one right now

Alberto.pk7

Edited by Andy_s353

21 minutes ago, Andy_s353 said:

i can't take a screenshot of the file being in the directory but it is there. Also i didn't notice i sent the unedited file, i'll attach the edited one in this reply.

also sorry for replying late, i don't have notifications on.

Alberto.pk7 260 B · 0 downloads

Me asking for the screenshot, is not about whether the file is there.
when you say you "can't", is is a matter of privacy, or you think your copy of windows can't take a screenshot?

If it is a matter of privacy, you can blank out your name in the directory listing. You can also edit the image to only focus on the directory itself. Kinda like this:
image.png

If it is about you think your copy of Windows has the inability to do so, the version you're running Citra on should have this thing called "Snipping Tool". You could search for it. Alternatively, you can use print screen / print scr (or the equivalent command) that is on your keyboard. After that, just paste the image into paint and resize the image, then blur out any identifiable information.

That's not a Mystery Gift file, that's a PK7. Tho I suspect that is a PK7 from a Mystery Gift.

Anyhow, I don't think adding the PK7 was the problem. also that was not what I was asking for.
I was asking for the edited save.

In summary:
1) Send me a screenshot of your Citra directory containing the save. (You can blur out personal information if need be. If you can run Citra, then the computer is likely capable of taking screenshots), and
2) Send me the edited save.

23 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Me asking for the screenshot, is not about whether the file is there.
when you say you "can't", is is a matter of privacy, or you think your copy of windows can't take a screenshot?

If it is a matter of privacy, you can blank out your name in the directory listing. You can also edit the image to only focus on the directory itself. Kinda like this:
image.png

If it is about you think your copy of Windows has the inability to do so, the version you're running Citra on should have this thing called "Snipping Tool". You could search for it. Alternatively, you can use print screen / print scr (or the equivalent command) that is on your keyboard. After that, just paste the image into paint and resize the image, then blur out any identifiable information.

That's not a Mystery Gift file, that's a PK7. Tho I suspect that is a PK7 from a Mystery Gift.

Anyhow, I don't think adding the PK7 was the problem. also that was not what I was asking for.
I was asking for the edited save.

In summary:
1) Send me a screenshot of your Citra directory containing the save. (You can blur out personal information if need be. If you can run Citra, then the computer is likely capable of taking screenshots), and
2) Send me the edited save.

editing the save gives me a .pk7 file, i'll send the screenshot but there's just the .pk7 fileimage.thumb.png.f7de0dea0de3829d742275d8f4a8f94a.png

11 minutes ago, Andy_s353 said:

editing the save gives me a .pk7 file, i'll send the screenshot but there's just the .pk7 fileimage.thumb.png.f7de0dea0de3829d742275d8f4a8f94a.png

you are clearly doing it wrong.

a pk7 is not a save file.

1. Load the unedited save into PKHeX.

image.png

2. Now, import the Wonder Card into the save using the Mystery Gift button.
image.png

3. Now that you're done, export the edited save
image.png

4. Now bring the edited save into the Citra directory.
Make sure the save is named main, and there is nothing else in its folder.

Then you're all good :3

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

you are clearly doing it wrong.

a pk7 is not a save file.

1. Load the unedited save into PKHeX.

image.png

2. Now, import the Wonder Card into the save using the Mystery Gift button.
image.png

3. Now that you're done, export the edited save
 image.png

4. Now bring the edited save into the Citra directory.
Make sure the save is named main, and there is nothing else in its folder.

Then you're all good :3

Alright i can't do It right now but i understand what i was doing wrong. 

Thank you kind person for helping a dumb stranger. 

I hope you have a wonderful day.