Struck by the never growing Cheri Berry glitch. Possible fix with PKHeX?

SwagKey

So there's this little known glitch in Pokemon Emerald where if you trade with either Colosseum or XD it automatically plants a Cheri Berry next to the Berry Master's house that never fully grows. Unfortunately it happened to me and now I can't plant anything there, but since I have access to my save file I was wondering if there's a way to use PKHeX to remove it.

Any help is appreciated!

18 minutes ago, SwagKey said:

So there's this little known glitch in Pokemon Emerald where if you trade with either Colosseum or XD it automatically plants a Cheri Berry next to the Berry Master's house that never fully grows. Unfortunately it happened to me and now I can't plant anything there, but since I have access to my save file I was wondering if there's a way to use PKHeX to remove it.

Any help is appreciated!

I don't know how the berry planting system works, but if you have a save that is before planting the berry at that spot, and a save directly after planting a berry at the spot, we may be able to try to work something out.

32 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I don't know how the berry planting system works, but if you have a save that is before planting the berry at that spot, and a save directly after planting a berry at the spot, we may be able to try to work something out.

Unfortunately, I don't have a save file from before it happened, only after. At best I can provide a save that has no other berries planted but the glitched Cheri Berry.

14 minutes ago, SwagKey said:

Unfortunately, I don't have a save file from before it happened, only after. At best I can provide a save that has no other berries planted but the glitched Cheri Berry.

mind showing me a picture which exact plot you're referring to? I can try to work it out in my free time.

So the matter has been resolved.

Anyhow, I'm gonna use this to document my findings until I get I get a separate page done.
image.png

Spoiler

So far, these are the bytes for the berries. They're stored in Section ID 02 Block of the save.

For this specific berry plot, it'll be at 0x924 of the block.

image.png

Berry types

0x01 Cheri Berry
0x02 Chesto Berry
0x03 Pecha Berry
0x04 Rawst Berry
0x05 Aspear Berry
0x06 Leppa Berry
0x07 Oran Berry
0x08 Persim Berry
0x09 Lum Berry
0x0A Sitrus Berry
0x0B Figy Berry
0x0C Wiki Berry
0x0D Mago Berry
0x0E Aguav Berry
0x0F Iapapa Berry
0x10 Razz Berry
0x11 Bluk Berry
0x12 Nanab Berry
0x13 Wepear Berry
0x14 Pinap Berry
0x15 Pomeg Berry
0x16 Kelpsy Berry
0x17 Qualot Berry
0x18 Hondew Berry
0x19 Grepa Berry
0x1A Tamato Berry
0x1B Cornn Berry
0x1C Magost Berry
0x1D Rabuta Berry
0x1E Nomel Berry
0x1F Spelon Berry
0x20 Pamtre Berry
0x21 Watmel Berry
0x22 Durin Berry
0x23 Belue Berry
0x24 Liechi Berry
0x25 Ganlon Berry
0x26 Salac Berry
0x27 Petaya Berry
0x28 Apicot Berry
0x29 Lansat Berry
0x2A Starf Berry
0x2B Enigma Berry

Also going over to 0x2C and beyond just wraps back to the first berry type, but messes up the sprite.
image.png

Growth stage (I can't get sparkling to work)
image.png
(Source)

Other berry struct: https://github.com/pret/pokeruby/blob/0ea1e7620cc5fea1e651974442052ba9c52cdd13/include/global.berry.h#L43-L60

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/4/2023 at 9:11 PM, ZzzzzADYzzzzz said:

Hi, This bug also occurs to me. How did you fix it? Im using the gameboy advance sp and pokemon emerald cartridge

I know this is late, but if you can edit your save:

• Like 1