Flashboy cyclone 3.2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Pilot said:

so i tried it again on that gbx and its saying the firmware needs to be updated on the reader. im thinkning i got a terrible cartridge reader. or im doing something wrong.

well maybe Flash Boy is a clone of GBx, but probably a clone of the other version.
Firmware updates needed doesn't necessarily mean hardware issues..

Anyhow, this is taking things in a different direction. Do you have a NDS/NDS Lite and a NDS Flash cart?

3 minutes ago, Pilot said:

i dont, no :(

well, that would explain why you had to buy this.
Not that I'm recommending anything to buy, but I got a second hand NDS lite below $10 (before shipping costs shot through the roof due to the global situation), and a cheap NDS flashcart may be able to do the job. Basically to run homebrew to read, dump and restore saves on GBA carts.

Anyhow, in yet another different direction, do you have other GB, GBC or GBA carts to test with this?

4 minutes ago, Pilot said:

yes i do! i have gameboy color games like tetris and some other things that i can look at later tonight. thanks for your help i need a break. thanks so much again dude. you've been great.

try dumping those saves and view the file with a hex editor, see if the files are different from each other. no worries, catch ya when you're back.

Hey im back man. I backed up the save from my pokemon silver cartridge. and i was able to restore it to the cartridge. using the flash boy pixel online software from that reddit post i believe. i switched the settings to gbc since its a gameboy color cartridge. i have no idea what i did right this time compared to what im doing wrong when it comes to the fire red saves.POKEMON_SLVAAXE.sav

EDIT: i tried with that software to restore the fire red. it just does not want to restore it. it throws such a fit for some reason.

2nd edit: if the file was corrupt on the legit fire red will it have a hard time pulling the save?? when i started messing with it i corrupted the original save that came with the authentic cartridge. then saved over it.

Edited by Pilot

19 minutes ago, Pilot said:

Hey im back man. I backed up the save from my pokemon silver cartridge. and i was able to restore it to the cartridge. using the flash boy pixel online software from that reddit post i believe. i switched the settings to gbc since its a gameboy color cartridge. i have no idea what i did right this time compared to what im doing wrong when it comes to the fire red saves.POKEMON_SLVAAXE.sav

EDIT: i tried with that software to restore the fire red. it just does not want to restore it. it throws such a fit for some reason.

2nd edit: if the file was corrupt on the legit fire red will it have a hard time pulling the save?? when i started messing with it i corrupted the original save that came with the authentic cartridge. then saved over it.

Yeah it's a proper Silver save.

Also, if you saved over the corruption, it means you're back to a proper working save, no need to worry.

I still think the software is not handled to deal with version 1.1 saves. So far it reads GB saves just fine.
If only you have a Version 1.0 FireRed cart we could test with.

2 minutes ago, Pilot said:

yup.
image.png

and it's always the same line of repeating rubbish.

either it's reading from somewhere it's not supposed to, or the program is hiccuping and panics and keeps sending out the same stuff.

Also, this is a long shot, but cleaning the contacts with some non-corrosive cleaning alcohol and try again.

If not, just gotta find a working program I suppose. We pretty much know the hardware is working, so we just need to supplement it with a working software I suppose.

1 minute ago, Pilot said:

heres a funny thing, is i dont think the software is able to touch the ram AT ALL of the legit cartridge. i just tried to erase the save and it stalled again.

Could potentially be a thing. Where is Silver's save stored at again?

Also, if you could find a friend with a GBA cart of a Pokemon game, maybe could try backing those up too.
Could be used to prove or disprove the theories we have.

silver has a battery constantly powering the ram, i think. it pulled out no problem though.POKEMON_SLVAAXE.sav

heres it again if you need it. no none of my friends would have something like that. ill just have to keep trying trial and error as far as methods and softwares.

edit: what is an si file. everytime i read the rom it gives me the .gba and then gives me a .si file.POKEMON FIRE.si

Edited by Pilot

12 minutes ago, Pilot said:

silver has a battery constantly powering the ram, i think. it pulled out no problem though.POKEMON_SLVAAXE.sav

heres it again if you need it. no none of my friends would have something like that. ill just have to keep trying trial and error as far as methods and softwares.

edit: what is an si file. everytime i read the rom it gives me the .gba and then gives me a .si file.POKEMON FIRE.si

yeah the GB/GBC games needs memory batteries. Gen 3 games didn't need memory batteries. RSE only had batteries to keep the RTC running.

No idea what a SI file is. It's just this small file:
image.png

Maybe we need to scour the net to check anyone that got Flash Boy working on their FRLG game.

5 minutes ago, Pilot said:

i have to head to bed for work tomorrow. found this and i didnt know if it was anything. https://www.ngemu.com/threads/fix-your-broken-pokemon-firered-leaf-green-saves-here.114277/ but idk if it applys here.

that's not the issue you're having.

For what issue they are having, they still have proper functioning saves, just in the wrong size.

What you're getting doesn't even qualify as a save. It's just garbage data.