Flashboy cyclone 3.2

Hey guys so i have been trying to transfer my save from a bootleg pokemon fire red to an authentic copy. now i was already told from someone really helpful told me i had to pull the saves and i did that but the restore save option is not working for the flashboy cyclone 3.2 software i found. anyone help?

Edited by Pilot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Pilot said:

Hey guys so i have been trying to transfer my save from a bootleg pokemon fire red to an authentic copy. now i was already told from someone really helpful told me i had to pull the saves and i did that but the restore save option is not working for the flashboy cyclone 3.2 software i found. anyone help?

Before we go ahead and restore the save to your retail cart, let's try something else first.

Create save on the retail cart, then save in-game twice, then dump said save with the flashboy reader. Can the dumped save from the flashboy reader be opened in PKHeX?

3 minutes ago, Pilot said:

ok so  the retail cart already had a save and i made two new saves just like you said and neither of them come up in pkhex. my save from my bootleg cartridge does though.

Send me the save from the cart (from flashboy), and also send me the save from your bootleg cart. You can just attach it here, on your next reply.

5 minutes ago, Pilot said:

why is the new save named that way? It looks almost as though it was generated from my fake cart program.

edit:
image.png

It's not a save. Did you extract it right?

Just to be sure, for the real cart, you didn't dump the ROM then run it through my program, right?

7 minutes ago, Pilot said:

yeah it was the flash boy

so at the very least, for the most part it is working.

Still, it doesn't appear to be reading your real cart's save properly.

You may have to contact their support and check if they have a forum or something, since it's their product that isn't dumping your save, when you already mentioned you have a save game on the retail cart.

edit: By the way, when you start up FireRed,
at the animation screen at the begin, does it say "GameFreak" or "GameFreak Presents"?

edit again: I also read on Reddit that you had to find then download this version of the software you're using? Try looking for a different version, preferably an updated one. Could be the software sending wrong instructions to the physical dumper.

Just now, Pilot said:

yeah i can try but their website is mega chinese and is really hard to navigate. i might need to buy another dumper.

I've made an edit to my reply, I guess you missed it. Do respond to those too ;D

(Also, mind telling me the link to their website?)

30 minutes ago, Pilot said:

Flash Boy 3.1 Cyclone GBC/GBA Burner Dumper Archive Backup Read Camera - Taobao

the program has a help drop down that sends me to this link.

it says game freak presents on it.

I was wondering if it couldn't read the save properly, cause your cart is v1.1 (like perhaps an oversight caused it to be only programmed to deal with v1.0)

Anyhow, I got a few ideas, since I'm getting desperate in terms of trying to help ya:
1. I've read the Flash Boy is a clone of GBxCart or something. Try the program here and see if it connects.
2. There's another user on site that also has a Flash Boy program (he's requesting for a Mac Port, but the program is here.)
In terms of raw data, it looks slightly different. See if it yields anything. [use at your own risk]
3. In the link you showed me, there's a chinese version. Maybe use the chinese version (but have the english version also open as a guide to what the words mean), and see if it produces a different result.
4. Try searching the net for any other version of the program, preferably a newer one.

edit: This link seems to contain a newer one (in terms of upload date) than the one you sent: https://app.box.com/s/nvme61lnm6chn3ludccto5fyy6rdvckt

ok so this is the sav file the flash boy software that the guy with the mac pulled up.POKEMON FIRE.sav

the chinese version didnt work and then that software that you linked had connected but when i tried to do anything it wanted an updated version of what ever i forgot what it said but it wanted r46 or something. im starting to think maybe this cartridge is fake which is really disappointing. Thank you so much for your help though and your effort. it has been really nice.

7 minutes ago, Pilot said:

ok so this is the sav file the flash boy software that the guy with the mac pulled up.POKEMON FIRE.sav

the chinese version didnt work and then that software that you linked had connected but when i tried to do anything it wanted an updated version of what ever i forgot what it said but it wanted r46 or something. im starting to think maybe this cartridge is fake which is really disappointing. Thank you so much for your help though and your effort. it has been really nice.

same deal, it's pulling up the same junk.

Well, given that when you dumped the ROM and a game save couldn't be found.
Plus the content of the "save" is different from what is normally dumped from bootlegs.
As such, I have little reason to think it is fake right now.

Maybe consider opening up the cart. If it's a real cart, there should not be a battery in it (for FRLG).
Also, the innards should look like this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/comments/ih3ctm/i_have_2_authentic_pokemon_fire_red_english/

As for the one I linked, maybe it wanted a different set of drivers or something. Given the upload date for that program is newer, may be worth a shot to do whatever it needs, as long as you kept the original drivers and program safe somewhere, in case it doesn't pan out.

dude ive been looking and it almost seems that mine is real. i looked at a couple and mine seems to be another variant but all the boards look and are in the same place. the pcb board itself looks all the same except the nintendo is like the one the one that has that I in a circle on that reddit post excpet mine has an MB in a circle.... im so confused. is it fake?? i have no idea because it seems so real.

https://chieftain20.wordpress.com/2014/05/17/complete-guide-to-authentic-gba-pokemon-games/

look at the pcb on the fire red on this guys site. and then get ready to see mine.