user would like information on encryption constants to properly make shiny pokemon

ghost.

yeah, i made a couple and it went fine. then it just decided to just deny everything i tried.

i mean it has to be something i'm doing wrong...i'm gonna try to go to github and get the latest version, but in the meantime, does anyone know what i could be doing wrong? thank you!

Screenshot 2021-08-31 222904.jpg

Edited by ghost.

i kind of got it to work...i just went to the PKM database and clicked on the mon closest to the one i wanted. then i just edited the important bits like my SID and TID and stats and stuff. i just don't get why that happens and what i was doing wrong

@ghost. To clarify, you can perform the act of creation in PKHeX, it's just that they are illegal, right?

If so: looking at your screenshot, you're attempting to receive an egg at the train station, and hatch it by the nursery couple. That location data is completely wrong. Try reversing it. (See image I attached)
PKHeX's error message of unable to met an encounter from origin game means there is no such encounter possible in the encounter game.

It means the encounter is not known to exist. Which in this case, it means you hacked it wrongly. PKHeX is acting as intended.

Image:

image.png

Additionally, if you're trying to edit wild mons from Gen 8, keep in mind they have a known PIDIV correlation.
What this means, is that you cannot haphazardly edit their PID, EC, Height, Weight.
More reading relating to PID Mismatch: Overworld8 here.

Edit: I've edited the title to reflect a somewhat more accurate representation of the issue. Your original title may give the wrong impression that the issue is with PKHeX. If so, that would not be true, as PKHeX is flagging due to incorrect details. Thus, it is working as intended.

• theSLAYER changed the title to User does not know how to make legal mons on PKHeX

@theSLAYER ok thanks, that makes sense on the Swablu, thanks for the help on that. as i mentioned, i had made a few legal mons, i guess i just messed it up for this one.

to be honest, i was trying to make a shiny kartana, and i had all the details right, i think? i wasn’t meeting it as an egg or anything. i had my sid and pid right, i had Xor set to 1, the level that Kartana is encountered at i know is 70, and in the Max Lair. i didn’t have ribbons or memories. met in sword. it was all right. i got it to work by inserting a kartana from the database. which definitely means i was doing something wrong. i wanna know what it was i was doing wrong, and why, with all the details that i had before (which the app considered illegal) the SAME, it only worked when i imported it from the database. i can provide screenshots of that, also, if needed

edit: i just tried to make a ho-oh and the same thing is happening. here's the screenshots:

920312683_Screenshot2021-09-01082652.jpg.a8690ef6f7e83d677be8b77c3b6cb061.jpg1068872984_Screenshot2021-09-01082649.jpg.0bebb5cae25483dd372a9648953ca1d3.jpg1675096459_Screenshot2021-09-01082645.jpg.caf7a630d0a0a310130c43e5b8fab195.jpg686732756_Screenshot2021-09-01082642.jpg.6f245c581a5c0ca118971641ebd00bc9.jpg792820330_Screenshot2021-09-01082637.jpg.c2fe6a8991ac87a11dabfa5e8ae0ab4e.jpg

edit: i went ahead and just grabbed a ho-oh from the database, and it works fine, but again, only thing that's different are the moves. i think it's the encryption constant that messes up my ho-oh?

1268850231_Screenshot2021-09-01084156.jpg.cef09331253b53f89514b8a4b11b6878.jpg909951976_Screenshot2021-09-01084153.jpg.0e427293810578d931dc6673253b1ee2.jpg1936986811_Screenshot2021-09-01084150.jpg.64fc5f401d8322f68987c9cd7f1ecc40.jpg1679746576_Screenshot2021-09-01084147.jpg.97be9ebd70d46797864d540d90d92402.jpg459481486_Screenshot2021-09-01084143.jpg.b914b85986897141ac3c6fcd6b3e7deb.jpg

edit: i swapped the met locations with swablu as you suggested, but still encountering the same issue. again, i think it's to do with not knowing how to reroll encryption constants...

Edited by ghost.

• ghost. changed the title to user would like information on encryption constants to properly make shiny pokemon

Use the encounter database. Stop trying to fudge data if you don't know the requirements for the encounter.

1. Should have 4 flawless IVs, not 3.

2. Should have a Dynamax Level of at least 8.

3. Must be ability 1.

Changing the PID/EC/IV/Nature for these encounters is traceable, by the way. There's a correlation for Max Lair raids, but its computation is too slow to be done without impacting the program's performance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ghost. said:

@theSLAYER sure, here it is

thanks for having a look

illegal ho-oh.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads

I don't know why you mentioned Encryption constant, when that's not the issue with this Ho-Oh.

a) Mons obtained from Max Lair have a certain Dynamax level. Just max it out.
image.png

b) Max Lair legendaries have a minimum of 4 Perfect IVs, so just max one IV out. You can choose it at random.
image.png

c) For Max Lair Legendary, abiltiy is 1.
image.png

Also as Kaphotics said, the PID/IVs/EC/HT/WT are correlated, however not checked by PKHeX at the moment.

So it appears legal, but ain't legal. I don't think there's a tool that acts like RNGReporter and gives correlated stats for Max Lair mons yet.

ok, i'm not sure what you're both saying, @Kaphotics and @theSLAYER. the ho-oh i was creating had 4 perfect IVs. every time i tried to say ability 1,it got mad at me. the dynamax level was maxed out. i'm not trying to fudge data, all i did was change the OT, and the moves. everything else, i literally got from looking at how official legendary pokemon are met in the max lair. i'm happy to admit when i'm wrong and when i need to learn more stuff, but i get the feeling you're both expecting that i don't know shit about anything and not really even looking at what i'm talking about.

i mentioned encryption constant because when i changed THAT, was when the legal mon i had from the database, became illegal. so that was my impression.

also, i have to say, i get that you guys don't think anyone that starts out doing this and isn't 5 star A+ at it right away shouldn't be making their own mon, but that's not gonna deter me from LEARNING how. i'm sorry that C# isn't my main language, as i'm a web developer. all i'm interested in knowing, is why even after i follow all directions, it only works when i get the mon from the database. i'm not shitting on your app, i think it's fishing amazing and thank you so much for doing it. i know how flipping hard this shit is. thanks for your replies

5 minutes ago, ghost. said:

the ho-oh i was creating had 4 perfect IVs. every time i tried to say ability 1,it got mad at me. the dynamax level was maxed out. i'm not trying to fudge data, all i did was change the OT

that wasn't the file you uploaded

5 minutes ago, ghost. said:

but i get the feeling you're both expecting that i don't know shit about anything and not really even looking at what i'm talking about.

don't know what you are trying to imply. What we referred to is the file you uploaded.

@theSLAYER y'know what, it's fine. it's not a big deal to just grab it from the database. thanks for your responses and your time looking at my issue. sorry if i uploaded the wrong file.

also, idk what happened from earlier to now, but everything seems to be working fine. not sure what i'm doing different.

Edited by ghost.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ghost. said:

fixed a couple of the things you mentioned, it still said it was illegal. i dunno man

well what we said handles the file you uploaded specifically. for anything else it may need different solutions.

Anyway for other stuff just import from Encounter Database, then mess with the stuff from there.
Don't create stuff from scratch :(

• Thanks 1