Need help with claimed mystery gift list

Tadtu05

6 hours ago, Tadtu05 said:

I want to know if you can remove the mythical mew item from my claimed mystery gift list?

a.jpg

That's not an icon.
Anyway, from what I can tell, there was no real reason for you to create another thread. If no one replied, just wait patiently alright? Since you're new, let me teach you about forum etiquette, don't go around posting multiple times asking about the same thing. Just wait for people to reply :3
Anyhow, I've merged your threads :3

Back to the question, yeah, you can edit your Mystery Gift Block, and remove the data via hex editing.

The question is: why? There is no real need to do that. What is your purpose for wanting it deleted?

Bringing this up just in case you had these thoughts:
1) You can receive another Poke Ball Mew, even if the record still shows in the gift album, as long as you buy another Poke Ball Plus.
Explanation: This gift is set to be multi-receivable. For every ball you purchase, you can redeem another Mew from it.
image.png

2) Deleting the record won't allow you to receive another Poke Ball Mew from the same Poke Ball Plus you used to redeem this Mew.
Explanation: think of the redemption as a one time serial code; the serial code was used when you redeemed it the first time round.
Since it's a one time serial code, you cannot reuse it once it is used.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tadtu05 said:

Thank you for responding, I am sorry for making multiple threads. I won't do that again. I was wondering if you know how to delete it from the record that I claimed Mew? 

No worries. I know how to do it.

Dump the Mystery Gift Block, then hex edit it, to remove the entry.

I then asked you why do you want to do it.

I never actually claimed a Mew, I have no idea why the block of text says that I claimed one. I only claimed one on let's go.

Thank you for the help, I will now look up how to upload my switch save data to pkhex so i can edit the gift block and remove the text.

44 minutes ago, Tadtu05 said:

I never actually claimed a Mew, I have no idea why the block of text says that I claimed one. I only claimed one on let's go.

Thank you for the help, I will now look up how to upload my switch save data to pkhex so i can edit the gift block and remove the text.

I find it hard to imagine that the game would randomly edit that data into your block. Are you absolutely sure only you played the game? Maybe someone claimed it in your absence?

Yeah if you could get PKHeX load the save, and dump the block, I could help with its removal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know I can’t reuse the pokeball plus. I want to remove the record because I didn’t want to claim Mew on my game. I wanted to do it on let’s go, but I was not paying attention and put it on my shield. I know that won’t make it redeemable again, I just want to remove the record from my game.

is it possible and what do I need to edit in the data box on pkhex?

Edited by Tadtu05

8 hours ago, Tadtu05 said:

I know I can’t reuse the pokeball plus. I want to remove the record because I didn’t want to claim Mew on my game. I wanted to do it on let’s go, but I was not paying attention and put it on my shield. I know that won’t make it redeemable again, I just want to remove the record from my game.

is it possible and what do I need to edit in the data box on pkhex?

Just use my plugin for PKHeX, it should allow you to edit and remove records. It should be findable if you read through the save-editing downloads. (I can’t link you right now cause I’m out)

4 hours ago, ryuko2002 said:

Don’t do records overwrite? After getting the battle rewards and several gift pokemon I don’t think I can see the earliest gifts such as gmax meowth 

They overwrite once you reach 50. It’ll continue to be there if you don’t.

• 3 months later...

Slayer, when the new mystery gift is forced to overwrite a slot (more than 50 gifts), are all of the others pushed up 1 slot, or does it continuously overwrite slot 0?

If they are all pushed, can that functionality be added to the WR tool?

Edited by overfl0w

2 hours ago, overfl0w said:

Slayer, when the new mystery gift is forced to overwrite a slot (more than 50 gifts), are all of the others pushed up 1 slot, or does it continuously overwrite slot 0?

If they are all pushed, can that functionality be added to the WR tool?

It is all pushed up or pushed down, I can’t remember, it’s been a while. 

I’m not thinking about it, but I’ll consider it.