Help with met dates!

Young.Joey

I've been reading quite a few forums on what happens to the met dates of Pokémon but I need some concrete facts on how it works please as I'm a little confused now.

When do met dates change (during poke transfer/Pokémon bank)?

For example, this Blastoise, I made the date a random time after 'receiving it in Gen 4' (anytime after the release date of diamond/pearl). So hypothetically, this Pokémon should go to gen 5, does the met date change here?

image.png.ffd7c1d2dd9f684d91207982f9684e12.png

OR, when it is received into Pokémon bank/gen 6, does its met date change (again)?

Even though met date isn't shown from generation 7+, I want the date to be as 'accurate' as it can be.

So for reference, what year would this Blastoise be accurate?, or is this completely fine?

Also, could I have the same info for what happens to the met level please?

Thanks in advance!

46 minutes ago, Young.Joey said:

I've been reading quite a few forums on what happens to the met dates of Pokémon but I need some concrete facts on how it works please as I'm a little confused now.

When do met dates change (during poke transfer/Pokémon bank)?

For example, this Blastoise, I made the date a random time after 'receiving it in Gen 4' (anytime after the release date of diamond/pearl). So hypothetically, this Pokémon should go to gen 5, does the met date change here?

OR, when it is received into Pokémon bank/gen 6, does its met date change (again)?

Even though met date isn't shown from generation 7+, I want the date to be as 'accurate' as it can be.

So for reference, what year would this Blastoise be accurate?, or is this completely fine?

Also, could I have the same info for what happens to the met level please?

Thanks in advance!

A gen 3 Pokémon transferred to gen 4 will get a met date when it is transferred (after the Pal Park catching mini game). Pokémon that are transferred to gen 5 will get a new met date of when they were transferred to gen 5. The met date is not modified after that. In terms of an accurate met date any date from January 1, 2000 onwards is valid since the met date is based on your counsel which could be set incorrectly.

29 minutes ago, Poke J said:

A gen 3 Pokémon transferred to gen 4 will get a met date when it is transferred (after the Pal Park catching mini game). Pokémon that are transferred to gen 5 will get a new met date of when they were transferred to gen 5. The met date is not modified after that. In terms of an accurate met date any date from January 1, 2000 onwards is valid since the met date is based on your counsel which could be set incorrectly.

Thanks for the reply!

So basically, if I want to make it seem like the Pokemon were actually transferred from Gen 3 to Gen 6+ (assuming the dates were correct on the 'original console'), then it has to have a date after when Black/White was made (18 September 2010+)?

8 minutes ago, Young.Joey said:

Thanks for the reply!

So basically, if I want to make it seem like the Pokemon were actually transferred from Gen 3 to Gen 6+ (assuming the dates were correct on the 'original console'), then it has to have a date after when Black/White was made (18 September 2010+)?

Yes, that would be correct.

12 minutes ago, Poke J said:

Yes, that would be correct.

Oh yeah, last question, about the met level, does it ever change?

The reason I had it at lvl100 was because I assumed that once received in Pokemon bank, that would be its new met level, since thats the level that the game receive it on. Or am I incorrect and it never changes?

2 hours ago, Young.Joey said:

Oh yeah, last question, about the met level, does it ever change?

The reason I had it at lvl100 was because I assumed that once received in Pokemon bank, that would be its new met level, since thats the level that the game receive it on. Or am I incorrect and it never changes?

Same as the met date, the level is updated when transferred to gen 4 and then again when transferred to gen 5. The new met level will be the Pokémon’s current level. Also here is a small tidbit about Pokémon hatched in gen 4. The date and location the egg was obtained does not update or change upon being being transferred to gen 5.

34 minutes ago, Poke J said:

Same as the met date, the level is updated when transferred to gen 4 and then again when transferred to gen 5. The new met level will be the Pokémon’s current level. Also here is a small tidbit about Pokémon hatched in gen 4. The date and location the egg was obtained does not update or change upon being being transferred to gen 5.

Oh ok thanks. 
One last thing:

When pokemon go through the poketransfer/bank app, when the met date changes, if I check the pokemon on pkhex, will the ‘Met date’ also be physically overwritten from the original (eg. 11/01/2007 -pokemon ruby —-> 11/07/2015 -pokemon bank)?

OR does the overwritten met date have different code and when checked by pkhex, the ‘Met date’ will stay the same, but in games, it will show the new transfer date?

Thanks a lot but sorry for asking a lot of questions. 

CDF14CB3-D770-49DD-823C-C232D7C63EFD.jpeg

Edited by Young.Joey

45 minutes ago, Young.Joey said:

Oh ok thanks. 
One last thing:

When pokemon go through the poketransfer/bank app, when the met date changes, if I check the pokemon on pkhex, will the ‘Met date’ also be physically overwritten from the original (eg. 11/01/2007 -pokemon ruby —-> 11/07/2015 -pokemon bank)?

OR does the overwritten met date have different code and when checked by pkhex, the ‘Met date’ will stay the same, but in games, it will show the new transfer date?

Thanks a lot but sorry for asking a lot of questions. 

CDF14CB3-D770-49DD-823C-C232D7C63EFD.jpeg

There is no different code there is just one met date in the Pokémon structure . It is overwritten nothing of the original remains. I’ve heard other users speculate there is secret old remnant data left over in transfers, but no that just uses up memory and is useless. Anything not needed during transfer or gets updates that data is just gone. Also you keep mentioning Poke Bank, but Poke Bank does nothing to the met date unless it’s a transfer from a virtual counsel game. Gen 5 is the last time met dates get modified.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Poke J said:

There is no different code there is just one met date in the Pokémon structure . It is overwritten nothing of the original remains. I’ve heard other users speculate there is secret old remnant data left over in transfers, but no that just uses up memory and is useless. Anything not needed during transfer or gets updates that data is just gone. Also you keep mentioning Poke Bank, but Poke Bank does nothing to the met date unless it’s a transfer from a virtual counsel game. Gen 5 is the last time met dates get modified.

Ok thanks a lot for the info. Appreciate it!

• 2 years later...
On 8/24/2021 at 7:43 AM, Poke J said:

On 8/24/2021 at 9:11 AM, Poke J said:

Excuse me, what will happen to the egg obtained date and link trade date if I tansfer it(gen4) to gen6? How will the date change?

8 hours ago, FishCybil said:

Excuse me, what will happen to the egg obtained date and link trade date if I tansfer it(gen4) to gen6? How will the date change?

What ever date is the egg met date field will remain unchanged. Only the met date changes when transferring to gen 5. The dates do not change from gen 5 to gen 6. So if you’re using PKHeX to go from gen 4 to gen 6 the met location and met date will change to simulate that the Pokémon went to gen 5, but the egg met location and egg met date do not change.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

First off I want to say thank you to the OP and users who have contributed to this post, I have some questions so I made an account.

For Pokémon hatched from eggs in gen 3 that were transferred to gen 4, once transferred to gen 5 do those Pokémon's date change, or is the one kept from gen 4? Does the egg data even stay when Pokémon are transferred to gen 4? As well as gen 4 to 5.

For gen 3/4/5 Pokémon that are transferred in gen 6/7 games, what is the met location? Is it supposed to be Poke Transfer or the Region it is from?

Is it possible to make pk7 files to pk1-2 files, specifically for Pokémon that were transferred from the 3DS VC Games? Or might it just be better to recreate the Pokémon in PKHeX if not possible? 

I might have asked a question that has already been answered, so if that's the case I apologize. There is a lot of information to take in here.

Thank you in advance to whoever may respond! :)

Edited by GarchompTrainer

56 minutes ago, GarchompTrainer said:

First off I want to say thank you to the OP and users who have contributed to this post, I have some questions so I made an account.

For Pokémon hatched from eggs in gen 3 that were transferred to gen 4, once transferred to gen 5 do those Pokémon's date change, or is the one kept from gen 4? Does the egg data even stay when Pokémon are transferred to gen 4? As well as gen 4 to 5.

For gen 3/4/5 Pokémon that are transferred in gen 6/7 games, what is the met location? Is it supposed to be Poke Transfer or the Region it is from?

Is it possible to make pk7 files to pk1-2 files, specifically for Pokémon that were transferred from the 3DS VC Games? Or might it just be better to recreate the Pokémon in PKHeX if not possible? 

I might have asked a question that has already been answered, so if that's the case I apologize. There is a lot of information to take in here.

Thank you in advance to whoever may respond! :)

1) Refer to this post:

On 8/23/2021 at 2:25 PM, Poke J said:

2) Pokémon from gens prior to 5 will have Poke Transporter as the location.

3) Just recreate the Pokémon. All that is preserved from gen1/2 to 7 is the species, nickname, OT, trainer ID, gender, current level, and if it was shiny.

• Like 1