PKHex insists on treating my Pikachu as an event Pichu

Jhowz

Hi there,

I have been trying to edit my EVs/IVs in PKHex just for fun, and then this happenned to my Pikachu for some reason

I have no idea what I did, so I decided to start it over... 3 times, and this still keeps happening for whatever reason

When I catch it, it's fine, but after playing for a little while, this changes out of nowhere

It's only with Pikachu, all other mons I catch have no issue aside from the standard PID mismatch

Pikachu.png

Pikachu 2.png

4 hours ago, Jhowz said:

Hi there,

I have been trying to edit my EVs/IVs in PKHex just for fun, and then this happenned to my Pikachu for some reason

I have no idea what I did, so I decided to start it over... 3 times, and this still keeps happening for whatever reason

When I catch it, it's fine, but after playing for a little while, this changes out of nowhere

It's only with Pikachu, all other mons I catch have no issue aside from the standard PID mismatch

Pikachu.png

Pikachu 2.png

upload the file.

Tho looking at your screenshot only first one treats it as a Pichu (the levelled up one). The second one treats it as a Pikachu (the non-levelled up one).

Anyhow, I'm under the impression that this is due to your PIDIVs being incorrect (PID Mismatch), and PKHeX is trying to assign a proper encounter/gift to it.
image.png

(look at the underlined encounter type. only one is pichu. And look at PID type, it should not be None)

Perhaps report back if it still reports this, after the PIDIVs issue is fixed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jhowz said:

I'm guessing you missed my edits in the previous post.
(to be fair, I think I was editing when you replied.)

Anyhow, it appears I was right: PKHeX was trying to assign it an encounter/gift that uses no PID type, due to your Pikachu having no PID type.
(Based on your Pikachu, it appears you broke PIDIV because you edited all the Pikachu IVs to 30)

The issue goes away when I make the PIDIV valid. (this was done on your Pikachu)
image.png

• Like 1