[Pokémon HG/SS hack] Upgraded trainers.

TheBeunhaas

What do YOU want Red´s team to be?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What do YOU want Red´s team to be?

• Higher levels and same Pokemon as in HGSS
    • Level 100 and same Pokemon as in HGSS
    • Same levels and same Pokemon as in HGSS
    • Lower levels and same pokemon as in HGSS (That I even put this up...)
    • Higher levels and same Pokemon as in GSC
    • Level 100 and same Pokemon as in GSC
    • Same levels and same Pokemon as in GSC
    • Lower levels and same pokemon as in GSC (That I even put this up...)
    • Higher levels and different team (post what team)
    • Level 100 and different team (post what team)
    • Same levels and different team (post what team)
    • Lower levels and different team (post what team) (That I even put this up...)

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Upgraded Trainers

Summary

In this hack I will update the levels of the trainers in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. The levels are just too low, and this hack will hopefully improve the game a lot. Editing levels of wild pokemon has been schemed too, although finishing the trainers' levels is first priority.

Polls

Using polls, I will ask you some things about the hack. I ask you to give your opinions on subjects.

Progress

version 1.0.

-Upgraded all trainers up to and including the Elite Four, so all of Johto can be played!

-Some of Kanto has already been done, but not tested yet, so it is advised not to go to Kanto yet.

-Again, Rematches haven't been done yet

Version 0.3:

- Upgraded all trainer levels up to Ilex Forest.

- Rematches haven't been dealt with yet, but will be after E4

Questions and requests can be posted.

Upgraded trainer HGSS 1.0.rar

Upgraded trainer HGSS 1.0.rar

I must admit, the first time I played it, there were indeed some places where the game was incredibly easy (level 2 voltorb @ route 35, anyone?), and other places where the game was frustratingly hard, like Whitney's miltank and Clair's kingdra.

The problem, in my eyes, with this game is, that they've set the levels too low. As a result, the experience gained is also lower, resulting in your pokemon being a lower level. I am now somewhere halfway through Kanto. I've completely done Johto, and have had no problems with a level 62 Dragonite in Lance's team. My pokemon where level 50-ish when I started the E4, all thanks to the higher levels throughout Johto. Just to compare, Lance's highest level is 50 in HG/SS, while Gary's highest level was 65 in FRLG, and, if I remember correctly, both Steven's and Cynthia's highest levels were 58, which is quite a difference.

For that reason, I started this hack. And it turns out that it is very well possible for this game to have higher levels, just like it's counterparts in the series. And of course because I have a lot of fun doing this :cool:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use a version of PPTE that I fixed myself. I have everything done right now. All of Johto and Kanto have been updated, however I still need to do the rematches. I'm also going to test compatibility on English versions, as I built my version on an English patched Japanese version. I'll upload it soon.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i vote for Lv 100 and Different team.

Team should be based on Ash's current Sinnoh team:

Pikachu - Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Agility, Iron Tail - holding Light Ball

Staraptor - Brave Bird, Close Combat, Quick Attack, Fly - holding Life Orb

Gible - Draco Meteor, Dig, Crunch, Dragon Pulse - holding Yache Berry

Buizel - Aqua Jet, Quick Attack, Water Pulse, Aqua Tail - holding Sea Incense

Torterra - Leaf Storm, Rock Climb, Synthesis, Energy Ball - holding Miracle Seed

Infernape - Flame Wheel, Fire Punch, Flamethrower, Close Combat - holding Flame Plate

• 3 months later...

I'm only up to Whitney, but so far I'm very happy with this mod. I've been a fan of the series for a long time, but I stopped playing seriously after Gen II for the exact reason this mod addresses. The difficulty curve feels exactly as I expected, much steeper, but done in such a way as the growth just feels right. Hoping you finish off Kanto by the time I get there.

• 2 weeks later...