PKM Database all messy

Mr. ZARDE

Reccently i updated my PKHeX build. Now when i try to organize Pokémon, instead of seeing exactly the extension of pokémon file ordered in Pokédex number, i see it organized by last modified - i mean - nothing to do with the style i used to see in previous version.

Am i asking too much of reverting the change you have done in PKM Database?

Thanks in regard!

Ok, i get it - but what means to be so funny is that i did it, PKHeX has changed its filters to "search within boxes", "search within database" and "search within backups" and i even filtered both legal and illegal Pokémons, now i get this...

image.thumb.png.d99c4a250ca91d69aed92ed1d4c6c3e1.png

Before latest version it was possible to organize the PKM database inside the program according to dex number order now it became a complete mess, i believe it did a huge regression from previous release.

Previous release: When i filtered mons using format: = pk8 all Pokémons from Venusaur to Calyrex would show up, according to Pokédex number

Latest release: according to the picture when i hit search, this is what is shown above

What now? Or did i misunderstood something?

I've added something to sort the database when it initially loads, via the program settings. Try it out on the bleeding edge build --

https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/2445-pkhex-development-build/

The existing logic would sort by the slot identifier string; when viewing dumped pkm files, would be based on the filename. Slots in save files would be named after their box/slot & save file, matching the order in the save file. The new "Identifier" option replicates that behavior. The new "SpeciesForm" will just order by Species->Form->Identifier.

I have more than 100k files for my database; sorting them slows down the loading of the database, hence why the default option is disabled. Try to rely on the search options & advanced filters more than visually scrolling :)

You know what? I'm reverting the PKHeX version for now.

For those looking forward to try the latest version of PKHeX and likes an organized PKM Database, here's my advice: **DO NOT** update to latest version. I can't stress enough, but if the Pokédex logic doesn't go back, i'll retire once and for all from the Pokémon world.

• Confused 1
  • Hahaha 1

To clarify, after the latest release, I added more settings so that you can have your sorting behavior. The bleeding edge builds have this setting now.

Default behavior is not to sort, but you can change it to whatever sorting mode you want.

image.png

Ah, serendipity!!!

Ok, but i guess i'll rather wait for this option to implement on next PKHeX release than have my save corrupted, because i don't have that option on my stable release yet.

Now i know what it took to be what supposed to be an regression, and perhaps i gone too far, thinking this could be the end. Guess who's wrong.

Sincerely, thank you. Hope the InitialSortMode merges into the stable release soon...

Have a nice weekend, @Kaphotics!

Dev build is fine to use, no real internal changes have been made since the release earlier besides this extra sort setting -- no risk of data corruption. It's stable.

image.png

I post new releases when the program feels "stable" enough, but I don't want to spam people with update notifications in posting new releases constantly.

I don't expect the next  "stable" release until September or October, as there really isn't enough being added at this time. Besides bug fixes and small additions, there might be trashbyte legality checks in the future which will take time to fully iron out before being pushed to as a release.