Emerald Berry Issue: All initial berry plants vanished after I transferred my save to a cartridge with a working battery

SystmErr

Hello. I have a copy of Pokemon Emerald with a dry battery that I have been playing on. While playing, since my battery was dead and so berries couldn't grow, I just skipped past all the berry plants intending to return to them later once I had a working battery and would be able to immediately plant and regrow them after picking.

Skip forward to today, and I just got another copy of Emerald with a recently replaced battery. I used an R4 Flashcart to back-up my save from the dead-battery cartridge and restore it onto the working-battery cartridge.

I loaded up the game (I did not get the usual message about the battery being dry and clock based events no longer occurring, which I took as a good sign), but I then found that all the berry plants within my world had completely vanished, as though they were never there. (If it matters, I am able to plant the few berries I have collected  in those spaces).

I have PKHeX, and I have tried messing around with the RTC Initial Time, Time Passed, and my Trainer time played, but I haven't found a solution. I have planted some berries to check if they will grow in the meantime, but that will take some time. I also checked the clock in your house to make sure time is progressing on it. I don't know if any other clock/time/day based events will occur. I do still have my save on my original dead-battery cartridge and backed up on the R4.

Is there anyone out there who has experienced this sort of issue before and/or knows how to solve it? It would be greatly appreciated, I'd really like to be able to grow berries without making every plant in the game disappear first. Thanks :)

Update 1:

The berries I I planted have grown, so berry growth occurs. I also talked to the girl in the flower shop and she gave me a berry, so it appears daily events occur as well.

Edited by SystmErr