Request: 2 Specific Megas for Trevor and Tierno

Im doing a hack rom for xy and I need a mega for Trevor and Tierno and if you can find one with these requirements (not necessary just need to fit them)

trevor : smart and with a big head if possible 🚎 (that’s it)

tierno: learn at least one dance move (besides dragon dance)

The Dance moves in Gen XY are: Feather Dance, Fiery Dance, Dragon Dance, Lunar Dance, Petal Dance, Quiver Dance, Swords Dance, & Teeter Dance - there aren't many Pokemon that even learn two of them, even more so when you ignore the Feather Dance...

I'd recommend doing some combination of the following:

1. Edit Feather Dance to have a more useful effect
  2. Edit an existing Mega to have a Type/Ability combination that makes sense with some combination of these moves
  3. Make an existing Forme Change into a Mega Evolution (for example, you can use the Mega Evolution editor to make Cherrim Mega Evolve into its Sunshine Forme when holding the Venusaurite, and then edit Cherrim Sunshine Forme's stats & Ability to match that). Cherrim is a particularly tempting choice because you could make Cherrim Sunshine into a Grass/Fire Type (and still make sense), and have it be able to learn Fiery Fance, Petal Dance, and Quiver Dance as a decent moveset. You'd probably want to give Cherrim Sunshine a different Ability, though (what I usually do for things like this is only edit the Hidden Ability, and then for the trainers who I give the Mega to, I make sure to set that Pokemon to its Hidden Ability).

For Tierno -  Medicham, Mawile, Alakazam, Gengar. Alakazam is the most obvious.

Alternately, you could make Zen Mode Darmanitan into a Mega (since it's basically all head).

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

On 8/1/2021 at 3:56 PM, ABZB said:

The Dance moves in Gen XY are: Feather Dance, Fiery Dance, Dragon Dance, Lunar Dance, Petal Dance, Quiver Dance, Swords Dance, & Teeter Dance - there aren't many Pokemon that even learn two of them, even more so when you ignore the Feather Dance...

I'd recommend doing some combination of the following:

1. Edit Feather Dance to have a more useful effect
  2. Edit an existing Mega to have a Type/Ability combination that makes sense with some combination of these moves
  3. Make an existing Forme Change into a Mega Evolution (for example, you can use the Mega Evolution editor to make Cherrim Mega Evolve into its Sunshine Forme when holding the Venusaurite, and then edit Cherrim Sunshine Forme's stats & Ability to match that). Cherrim is a particularly tempting choice because you could make Cherrim Sunshine into a Grass/Fire Type (and still make sense), and have it be able to learn Fiery Fance, Petal Dance, and Quiver Dance as a decent moveset. You'd probably want to give Cherrim Sunshine a different Ability, though (what I usually do for things like this is only edit the Hidden Ability, and then for the trainers who I give the Mega to, I make sure to set that Pokemon to its Hidden Ability).

For Tierno -  Medicham, Mawile, Alakazam, Gengar. Alakazam is the most obvious.

Alternately, you could make Zen Mode Darmanitan into a Mega (since it's basically all head).

When you talk about tierno there you mean Trevor, right?, alakazam medicham and Mawile are already used (Olympia, Aliana, Valerie), also, how can i turn a forme change into a mega evolution? Thanks so much, I’m planning to turn eternal floette on a mega for trevor

Edited by ordepyoshi

Yeah, sorry about that, I'm awful with names.

So basically once you have the ROM open in Pk3DS, just click on the Mega Evolution button (highlighted in first picture).

Then you enter the Pokemon you want to edit in the top dropdown, check "enabled" on the leftmost column (with the header "evolution 1), choose the item you want to act as the Mega Stone (in XY/ORAS, literally any item will work, even something that has a Hold effect like Leftovers), and then select the desired Mega Forme number from the last dropdown box (Pk3DS lists them just as <Pokemon name> <number>, so you'll have to go by the sprite that appears in the right-hand box (Eternal Floette is Floette 5).

This works for any Pokemon that has multiple Formes.

You can even give multiple trigger items for the Mega Evolution, by enabling Evolutions 2 and 3, and filling out everything else the same, but giving a different trigger item each time.

image.png

image.png