Help with Savegame manager nds please

PokemonGBAhax

Hi all. 

I have been trying to backup my Pokemon White save using savegame manager, but having problems. Hoping someone can help. 

I am using:

Savegame manager 0.2.4 

I have put the .nds and .ini files onto my SD card. Set the 'ftp_ip' to "192.168.43.172" (pc's local ip) Set username and password to "test" and tried setting the port to "21" and "8080"

Those ports are also allowed through the firewall (inbound and outbound rules) 

Smallftpd 1.0.3

Port set to "21" or "8080" (same as sgm) 'Use local IP' on. Login username and password set to "test" (same as sgm) Inactivity timeout set to 300. Directories physical path "c:\temp" and permissions "LRW" 

DSTT for NDS flashcart

Mobile wifi hotspot with no encryption

When i load up SGM on my DS lite (or phat) and try to backup up the .sav file, it connect to the access point fine but wont connect to the ftp server (see pic) 

After leaving it for so long, it will then say "FTP: ERROR: FTP server missing" 

I am assuming the problem is the connection between the DS and Smallftpd but cannot figure out what i am doing wrong. 

Any suggestions? 

IMG_20210725_180052.jpg

18 minutes ago, PokemonGBAhax said:

ok i got it sorted not long after posting this.

problem was i didnt have a c:/savegame_manager folder in my hardrive. so there was nowhere for the files to go. 

the gbatemp tutorial i was using mentioned nothing of this. 

thanks anyway! ❤️

Well it’s good to leave this up. Hopefully others with a similar issue can find this. I’m glad you got it worked out :3

• Ditto 1