Editing pokemon events

thomas05

I received a pokemon event that wasn't UT, all is perfect except for the moveset that i can't relearn anymore in normal gameplay. If i edit the moves with powersave to put the event moveset to make it an UT event, are there internal datas that makes him illegal? or would be 100% legit for the game?

I play on USUM and the event is from gen 5

@theSLAYER i already know the monster for this type of questions 😂

merged:
anyone know this? also if removing evs / changing ivs can create problems? 

On 7/20/2021 at 4:29 AM, thomas05 said:

I received a pokemon event that wasn't UT

I don't know what UT means, and google isn't being much help.

If i edit the moves with powersave to put the event moveset to make it an UT event, are there internal datas that makes him illegal? or would be 100% legit for the game?

Depends. Could that moveset even exist in that game (could it be transferred up?), does Powersave write any extra data?

I play on USUM and the event is from gen 5

Given it's Gen 5 -> Gen 7, changing moves should be fine. That is assuming everything else is legal, of course.

25 minutes ago, thomas05 said:

also if removing evs / changing ivs can create problems? 

potentially, depends on what the event is.

EVs can be reduced with EV reducing berries,
but IVs depends on whether it was distributed with random IVs..

For future reference:
1) It's not necessary to tag me directly. I check latest unread pretty frequently, and would jump in if no one else says anything, or if I have something to add. :3
2) If you have new info to add, and your latest post is unanswered, edit it into your latest post on the thread.
3) Please post your threads in the right sub-forum. Your thread has nothing to do with peripheral hardware.
[You may think the usage of powersaves qualifies for peripheral hardware, but your question centered more on legality than peripheral usage.
I could replace powersaves with PKHeX and the gist of your question doesn't change.]
I moved this thread.

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I don't know what UT means, and google isn't being much help.

wow never though that i could teach something to you 😂😂 it means untouched, the player has redeemed and never used that pokemon.

Depends. Could that moveset even exist in that game (could it be transferred up?), does Powersave write any extra data?

Given it's Gen 5 -> Gen 7, changing moves should be fine. That is assuming everything else is legal, of course.

it can exist but event moves of gen 1-5 can't be relearned via normal gameplay so it depends if there are datas of the pokemon that save every change to the moves or are saved only actual moves

EVs can be reduced with EV reducing berries,
but IVs depends on whether it was distributed with random IVs..

Are there datas that record history of ivs or also level? like if I start with a lv60 pokemon it will save the level met at 60, but then there will be datas that record every level up or if i take back it from lv100 at lv60 for the game is everything ok? 

Instead for Ivs game save datas of "first met" ivs or only has actual ivs saved? so that if you change them there arent any problems

For future reference:
1) It's not necessary to tag me directly. I check latest unread pretty frequently, and would jump in if no one else says anything, or if I have something to add. :3
2) If you have new info to add, and your latest post is unanswered, edit it into your latest post on the thread.
3) Please post your threads in the right sub-forum. Your thread has nothing to do with peripheral hardware.
[You may think the usage of powersaves qualifies for peripheral hardware, but your question centered more on legality than peripheral usage.
I could replace powersaves with PKHeX and the gist of your question doesn't change.]
I moved this thread.

sorry between all threads i though it was the best for the usage of an hardware.

shit i answered bad inside your answears ahah hope you can read them,

edited well i hope

Edited by thomas05

10 hours ago, thomas05 said:

wow never though that i could teach something to you 😂😂 it means untouched, the player has redeemed and never used that pokemon.

yeah nah, it's not like I'm into trading communities and all. We do say untrained/untouched, but I guess it is not frequent enough to abbreviate it. ><

Are there datas that record history of ivs or also level? like if I start with a lv60 pokemon it will save the level met at 60, but then there will be datas that record every level up or if i take back it from lv100 at lv60 for the game is everything ok? 

Instead for Ivs game save datas of "first met" ivs or only has actual ivs saved? so that if you change them there arent any problems

IVs -> Nah
Level -> Only for Met level

sorry between all threads i though it was the best for the usage of an hardware.

shit i answered bad inside your answears ahah hope you can read them,

edited well i hope

yup seems fine :3

• Like 1