Idiot proof guide to pkhex

Jokerste88

Hey all,

Ive been hunting on the forums, looking for guides or instructions on how to use pkhex, but unfortunately I can’t seem to come up with anything of any use. 

I have imported my save into pkhex, but I don’t understand how to use the application. It’s throwing up errors, red warning signs, giving me various problems. I’m just trying to add some Pokémon into my box for let’s go Pikachu. 

can someone PLEASE help me. 

5 minutes ago, Jokerste88 said:

Hey all,

Ive been hunting on the forums, looking for guides or instructions on how to use pkhex, but unfortunately I can’t seem to come up with anything of any use. 

I have imported my save into pkhex, but I don’t understand how to use the application. It’s throwing up errors, red warning signs, giving me various problems. I’m just trying to add some Pokémon into my box for let’s go Pikachu. 

can someone PLEASE help me. 

Don't make a Pokémon from scratch.

Load up your save.
Then search up any species you want to add in Encounter Database.
image.png
Then set the mon into a PC slot.
Then export the save from PKHeX.
Then inject the save back into your game.

Also, we have a whole list of guides for PKHeX: https://projectpokemon.org/home/tutorials/save-editing/using-pkhex/

And no, there isn't a "one page guide for PKHeX" that has everything in it, because PKHeX has so many uses.

I hope what I've said can be of some help. :3

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

ok so I’ve tried your way, but when I hit search isn’t saying nothing found. 

I appreciate there are many uses, but surely the primary use is to insert Pokémon into a save? Is there not a step by step guide for that?

Basically I am trying to add the evolutions and Eevee exclusives Pokémon into my save. 

Gengar, Alakazam, Golem etc. 

21 minutes ago, Jokerste88 said:

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

ok so I’ve tried your way, but when I hit search isn’t saying nothing found. 

I appreciate there are many uses, but surely the primary use is to insert Pokémon into a save? Is there not a step by step guide for that?

Basically I am trying to add the evolutions and Eevee exclusives Pokémon into my save. 

Gengar, Alakazam, Golem etc. 

I've merged your posts. Please don't multipost. Any new information, edit it into your latest unanswered posts.

Now, regarding "nothing found", did you load a save first? Did you search the correct database?
image.png

As you can see, mine definitely showed results for Alakazam in an LGP save.

As for step by step guide, check the tutorial link I've given. If it's not there, then it's not there. :/
Well, as long as you can get the mon from the database, I could try to walk you through other steps.
Then you can figure how to reapply the steps to other species.

• 9 months later...
On 7/16/2021 at 2:50 AM, theSLAYER said:

Don't make a Pokémon from scratch.

Load up your save.
Then search up any species you want to add in Encounter Database.
image.png
Then set the mon into a PC slot.
Then export the save from PKHeX.
Then inject the save back into your game.

Also, we have a whole list of guides for PKHeX: https://projectpokemon.org/home/tutorials/save-editing/using-pkhex/

And no, there isn't a "one page guide for PKHeX" that has everything in it, because PKHeX has so many uses.

I hope what I've said can be of some help. :3

hey there, i just followed this guide, ive done everything right so far i was just wondering how to inject my save back into my game, thank you. also if its important im using pokemon black on desmume

Edited by TheoryOfEverything