Repairing a corrupted Pokemon Blue save file that shows no "Continue" option?

Hi.

I have a big problem with my Pokemon Blue save game and I'm desperate, I hope someone can help me here. I was playing Pokemon Blue when the battery of my Gameboy (not the cartridge battery) was getting low. I wanted to replace the batteries, so I stopped playing and saved my game. But just in that moment when I saved, the batteries went out completely............ and my save game was corrupted.
When I turned my Gameboy back on after replacing the batteries, there was no "Continue" option.......... I put the .sav file onto my computer and tried opening it in Rhydon Save Editor and it told me the save game is corrupted. I also tried PKHeX and PikaSav. PikaSav gave me the option to force-save the file as a pokemon save and I could open it that way, but it only showed me things that didn't make any sense, my trainer name and my rival's name were just a row of 9s, the money was zero and it said I have played for 65,000 hours........... I attached some screenshots from Rhydon Save Editor and PikaSav.
I also found a guide by someone who managed to completely fix their corrupted Pokemon Silver save game, but the guide does not say which save editor was used...........

Please, can anyone help me? Is there a way to repair my save file? My pokemon have grown on me already and I was very happy with the team I had........... I could recreate the save game with Rhydon Save Editor, but it wouldn't be the same and my pokemon would feel like they're just copies if I recreate them like that............ Please, does anyone know a fix that repairs my save game?

Corrupted_Sav.PNGSave_Editor_Says_Corrupted.PNG

16 minutes ago, DinkyUniverse said:

@theSLAYER

Thank you. I attached my .sav file to this post.

Pokemon_Blue.sav 32 kB · 0 downloads

I've got sad news, and it is your save being not salvageable.

Rough explanation of what is left in your save, if you desire:

Spoiler

image.png

While it did capture some data, from address 0x498 onwards, it is all filled with 0xFF, meaning the data is pretty much useless.

This is the structure of the save
image.png
and it shows that retention of Pokémon in boxes start at address 0x4000.
Since your corruption began at 0x498, that means you have no mons in boxes (by math, as 0x498 < 0x4000).

Your party also doesn't exist, and anything important in main is also gone.
If your corruption started further into the save, it might have been possible to salvage some parts, but your corruption began way too early in the save.

So the reason why the other programs cannot read your save is because.. there was no data that can define the file as a save.

The condition of your save is a whole lot worse than the condition of the save in that fella's wordpress.
So nothing can be done to properly salvage the mons from your save.

Usable data must exist in some form, for it to be able to be extracted. That was the case for that person, and not the case for you :(

My advice is to give up on this save and just start playing a new one. At this point it is less of a save, and more of just garbage data, sadly :/

@theSLAYER

This is sad news........ :( I hoped I can still save them, my amazing team....... I wasn't far into the game yet, before beating the first gym, but still, my pokemon meant a lot to me........
But it's fine, I will clone them back, I have the pictures I need for that....... Thank you for trying to help.

1 minute ago, DinkyUniverse said:

@theSLAYER

This is sad news........ :( I hoped I can still save them, my amazing team....... I wasn't far into the game yet, before beating the first gym, but still, my pokemon meant a lot to me........
But it's fine, I will clone them back, I have the pictures I need for that....... Thank you for trying to help.

I was also hoping there would be some remnant data, enough to retrieve at least parts of them. :(

No worries, good luck with your efforts at recreating them. :3

• 1 year later...

Hey, I have a similar issue with my Pokemon Yellow VC save. I made a mistake cloning my pokemon with the PC and now the save file is corrupted.

However, I installed CFW on my 3DS and was able to see the save file using Checkpoint. With PikaSav, I can load the file and I see all of my playthrough's data, so how do I correct the error to get it working on the VC again? Any ideas? There aren't really good tutorials about this on YouTube.

sav.dat