PKHeX and Universal Pokemon Randomizer for FireRed and ROM edits that change move/ability stats

Couldn't find anything on this with searches and I didn't see anything that looked right in the tutorials.  This is all being done on emulator mGBA, if it matters.

So UPR has an option to sort of "back-port" the changes to Pokemon moves, abilities, and stats to the older games - either using Gen 6 or Gen 5 stats.  For example, Tackle is 35 BP and 95% accuracy in gen 3 games, but with the option enabled to "back-port" updates, it becomes 50 BP and 100% accuracy.  Pokemon base types will change appropriately (though none of them gain Fairy, as introducing a new type is too complicated for the program to do easily.)  What I'm wondering, though, is if I give myself a set of starter pokes using a vanilla database (likely just using a save that has PC access immediately after acquiring the vanilla starter) would these pokemon have their stats updated when they're pulled from the PC into my team, since that's what the ROM/game would be saying their stats should be?  I saw forum threads about the inverse happening, where someone had adjusted a poke's stats and when they pulled it out of the box, the stats went back to normal because that's what the game said the stats should be.

If this wouldn't be done automatically, then would I need to edit the save to put my team on the PC, pull them from the box, save the game, and then edit the save again to adjust their stats as needed?  And then remember to never box any of them in the future?

PKHeX calculates stats for whatever the regular mainline game stats should be.

The game doesn't always store the calculated stats in all formats. For generation 3, boxed PKM data is stored without stats, so withdrawing in-game will cause the game to re-calculate, and depositing via PKHeX will discard whatever stats are calculated.

PKHaX exists to skip some user-convenience logic like stat calculation and ability list narrowing. Use responsibly.

• Like 1